Customer Service 866.965.0400

Single Soft, Double Soft, Triple soft?

Checo

Question

Okay so I have all 3 of the Soft towels. My question is what are their different uses? In other words what towels should I use on what? Triple Soft on paint to dry with detail spray? Double soft to dry on paint with detail spray? Single Soft with interior detailer on interior ?

9 answers to this question

Try them out differently and use them as they work best for you. Most people use the waffle weave to dry, but I find it easier to dry with a single soft. I prefer double softs or single softs to remove residue like wax or sealant etc.. I also like double softs to apply detail spray once the car is clean. Ive never used a triple soft but im guessing it should work for both too. 

The only ones I use exclusively for what they are designed for are the glass towels.

I use single soft for waterless wash (initial wipe), rinseless washing (initial wipe) and sometimes detail spray, not so much since they have been linting quite a bit :(. Double soft for waterless and rinseless wash (buffing excess product off), detail spray wipe off.  I have some triple soft towels but I have yet to find a necessary use for it.  I would imagine they would work well for anything (polish, wax, sealant removal) as long as you don't mind a bigger towel in your hand. 

I would agree with Nathan in saying you should stick to the Adams utility towel or a lower grade MF towel for interiors.  Save the soft towel line for your paint only. 

I'm probably the minority here but, I don't like the double or triple soft towels. I love the single soft towels though. I don't ever do the Rinseless wash or waterless wash so I don't have any use for the double or triple soft. I have some that are just taking up space doing nothing lol.

I use the singles for polish, wax and Sealant removal.

Edited by Ls1transam

Single, double, triple are all paint related microfibers, it all depends on how they feel in your hand and what you like to use them for, it's a personal preference for each use, there isn't any rules just people's opinion. In my opinion I use the towels I get churros from for interior use and engine bays, unfortunately they're made in China (don't tell Nathan) but for $.42 cents a towel I can afford to throw them away. Hope this helps.

Okay so I have all 3 of the Soft towels. My question is what are their different uses? In other words what towels should I use on what? Triple Soft on paint to dry with detail spray? Double soft to dry on paint with detail spray? Single Soft with interior detailer on interior ?

I pretty much agree with everybody else here, single soft is my favorite go-to towel, Double soft for H2OGG, waxes... But I don't like the triple soft - too thick, I like to feel my paint it keeps me from getting in touch with my inner-auto :rolleyes: