Customer Service 866.965.0400

Engine Dress Up

JJ1o87

Question

23 answers to this question

VRT works very well. I little harder to get into the small spaces and crevices with a sponge, but very effective. I am working on trying to figure out a way to get VRT into those spaces effectively though.

I know some people use the Undercarriage spray also on engines.

VRT works very well. I little harder to get into the small spaces and crevices with a sponge, but very effective. I am working on trying to figure out a way to get VRT into those spaces effectively though.

Be careful doing that. It's flammable!:willy:

Adam suggests mixing VRT and water in a 1 part VRT 2 parts water mix in a spray bottle for awesome engine bay detailing!:pc:

I think I read in a thread that undercarriage spray is flammable? Probably not the best for people to be using.

I wonder if VRT can be watered down and then sprayed into some of the areas?

EDIT: nvm posted at same time.

I think I read in a thread that undercarriage spray is flammable? Probably not the best for people to be using.

I wonder if VRT can be watered down and then sprayed into some of the areas?

EDIT: nvm posted at same time.

Well, probably part of the reason its flammable is the carrier solution it is suspended in to enable it to be sprayed. Some people that use it on their engine say that after they spray, they wipe it down to remove the excess, and let it dry for a while with no problems. Dunno. Better safe then sorry in my book!

Be careful doing that. It's flammable!:willy:

Adam suggests mixing VRT and water in a 1 part VRT 2 parts water mix in a spray bottle for awesome engine bay detailing!:pc:

If you want to spray it on, that's a great mix. Otherwise, I just wipe VRT on full strength. :thumbsup:

What would be the suggested method of doing the honeycomb grill on the front and rear of the G8? I sure don't want to sit there and try sticking my finger in each and every opening. YUCK!

I have the same type of grill on the dd. I use the VRT, wipe it on with a micro. Takes a minute or two, but it goes quick. Or you could water it down to a spray and use it that way. :thumbsup:

000_1853.jpg

Well, that would work too. I've tried the microfibers with the long fingery thngs on it, and that works pretty well too.

Was that smoosh or smooch Bill? :lolsmack:

That would be smoosh, it's complicated you wouldn't understand :jester::jester::jester:

lets test the flammable one on the challenger..ill film it and we can upload it

I think the flammable statement has been amended a little. Maybe you can smoosh some of that on there :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Using the VRT as a spray mixed with water works pretty good.

My wiper cowl on the truck has deep ridges in it that would be a PITA to get to with a sponge. Last time I detailed I did the edges with the sponge and mixed some VRT in one of the sample bottles with some water. 1/3rd VRT, then fill it up with water. Works really good. As soon as I use down this VRT and buy another bottle I will be making a large sprayer bottle of it.

Yeah I'm not testing some flammable stuff on my car - thats all I need. I'll probably wait for In & Out Spray II to come out.

It sounds like it's in the works too!

What would be the suggested method of doing the honeycomb grill on the front and rear of the G8? I sure don't want to sit there and try sticking my finger in each and every opening. YUCK!

I'm testing a method to do my grille, which is very similar to yours, which involves VRT and one of those small width foam paint brushes. Try it out :thumbsup:

Thanks for all of the ideas guys. I will try some and see what works the best. I like the foam paint brush idea especially since I can get my wife to buy a few of the small ones and bring home.....she works at Lowes. Get the clear bra this weekend and can't wait until the G8 has its protection on!

How about VRT and one of these? Could work. I'm thinking maybe dilute the VRT with water and put in a bucket or bowl, soak the brush/lambswool and wipe. What do you think?

67205.jpg

Edited by Rich

I'm not sure how the grill on your car is :confused: - but mine is tremendously easy to pop off. I take it off before I wash, clean it up with a boars hair brush and some APC, and then hit it with a little Undercarriage Spray. By the time I'm finished up with washing, polishing, etc., the spray is totally dry and I just pop it back on. Don't know if that will help you too much - but it might brew some ideas.