Customer Service 866.965.0400

Foam Cannon with just soap

Nathan

Question

17 answers to this question

Wow, Nathan, didn't think you'd actually try it. But you're only young once! How much soap was left in the canister of what you loaded?

He probably had to clay it. :lol:

It actually didn’t go fast. I think Detailer’s Domain instagram stories use just soap to foam cars down.

On a forum somewhere I saw a guy put a competitors soap in a foam cannon neat and uses the adjustment knob to control the mix. I was surprised at his results on how little he used for each vehicle.

I put 4oz of shampoo in mine and have the dial turned all the way to negative. And I can barely get a full car covered before it's empty. I also see these videos online where the whole car is covered and maybe only a 1/3 of their canister is emptied. If I turn mine positive at all is gets super watery. These guys are getting nice thick foam and have enough for multiple cars. Am I missing out on something here?

I put 4oz of shampoo in mine and have the dial turned all the way to negative. And I can barely get a full car covered before it's empty. I also see these videos online where the whole car is covered and maybe only a 1/3 of their canister is emptied. If I turn mine positive at all is gets super watery. These guys are getting nice thick foam and have enough for multiple cars. Am I missing out on something here?

Try putting warm water in the foam cannon to help mix the soap better and make sure your water faucet is opened all the way.

2000 psi and 2.8 gpm. I had a small electric one that was 1600 psi and 1.2 gpm and it lasted a tad bit longer.

That should work well with a foam canon.

Make sure the canon is set for a fan pattern and try getting further back from the vehicle. Also try to apply the foam faster.

Upon being inspired by Nathan and the fact that I love when the foam is shaving cream thick,

I am planning on trying this experiment with a couple of different soaps Adams and non alike, just curious as to if it makes a difference at that point foam wise.  My guess is it doesn't but we shall see. 

When I want decently thick foam on the car I usually have to add 6-8 oz of Adams CWS coming from a 3100 psi. 2.5 GPM. I know the label says 4 oz but I get very watery foam when I add only 4 oz. 

IMO, super thick foam is only for the "cool factor" of foaming. When done correctly, the foam should stick just long enough to break up what dirt it can then carry it down and off the paint.

Having said that, I totally understand wanting to experiment and try different settings. That's what makes a hobby fun!