Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass sealant on inside of windows to stop kid fingerprints???

TexWalker

Question

10 answers to this question

That's probably not a good idea.  The sealant wouldn't play well with the tint and you'd still get fingerprints.

Try using Brilliant Glaze. Makes the interior glass super slick so prints don't stick to it as well. You won't get as many prints and the ones you DO get will come off easier.

I have had my grand daughter help me while detailing from time to time.  Now that she has been responsible for cleaning the glass she is much more careful about putting her fingers on it.

(Yes - I go back over it later when she's not around,  She's only 7 and I don't expect perfection.)

If I have my windows up at any point during my dog's rides in the 4Runner, they punish me with serious nose art. Because of this we drive around with all the windows down, including the lift gate window, all the time. I've found the aerosol glass cleaner to clean off basically anything on my windows with ease, including nose art that's been baked on for a month.

Take it from me, glass sealant is for the outside! I did the inside of a brand new Mopar replacament windshield and because you are at a funny position I couldn't get it 100%!! I didn't know how bad it was, it's the wife's Durango and it took me hours with clay and glass cleaner to get that sealant off!

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/32194-glass-sealant-i-did-something-wrong/?hl=sealant

Edited by BrianT