Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's strip wash question

joe1990

Question

17 answers to this question

2 hours ago, davered00ss said:

I just ordered some Strip Wash, and after doing some reading and research I'm afraid to use it.  Eating through plastic bottles?

Well. unless you plan to pour the product over your car, you will not have any issues with it when it is diluted 1 oz. to 1 gallon.

7 hours ago, davered00ss said:

I just ordered some Strip Wash, and after doing some reading and research I'm afraid to use it.  Eating through plastic bottles?

It was "eating" through the common, clear Adam's bottles. The chemicals weren't playing nice together. They switched it to a different one and no further problems. It's good sfuff, and won't damage your car at all when used as directed. Smells like ginger ale, by the way.

Really, don't be afraid to use it. Adam has a chemist on staff that creates the forumlas has done well at his/her craft. I can personally attest to it not causing any problems/damage, as can many others on here. The chemical composition of the bottle is different than trim, etc, on a car, and the damage to the bottles was only over time and in full strength. Not at all like diluting it and rinising it off of a car, either. My two cents.

19 minutes ago, BlackCadi14 said:

Would it be a good product to clean with after all this snow and ice?

We got hit hard here in west TN, my car did not get out a whole lot, I am planning on cleaning it really well on Sunday, the temp is suppose to be in the 60's.  

If/when you use it, make sure you apply sealant and/or wax to protect the finish. otherwise it will be bare clearcoat. if the car already has layers of wax/sealant then just use the car shampoo until you have time to do a proper detail. when its colder I don't wash my car as often and I just rinse it off with a wand until I can strip wash and reapply wax on a warmer day

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, BlackCadi14 said:

Would it be a good product to clean with after all this snow and ice?

We got hit hard here in west TN, my car did not get out a whole lot, I am planning on cleaning it really well on Sunday, the temp is suppose to be in the 60's.  

I just ordered strip wash with a foam cannon and was planning on using it as an undercarriage cleaner after winter months. I figured this would be more effective than soap to get off all the grime and salt from the roads. I think I better do a little research before I attempt this though. I do plan on polishing and protecting the paint finish after a strip was but what would one do for underneath? maybe in and out spray?  would it be something we would even need to worry about?

1 hour ago, Tony_G said:

I just ordered strip wash with a foam cannon and was planning on using it as an undercarriage cleaner after winter months. I figured this would be more effective than soap to get off all the grime and salt from the roads. I think I better do a little research before I attempt this though. I do plan on polishing and protecting the paint finish after a strip was but what would one do for underneath? maybe in and out spray?  would it be something we would even need to worry about?

Since there is no protection on the undercarriage, there is no issue with using the Strip Wash as a cleaner.  Just be careful not to get in on the exterior of the vehicle, since it will strip off your wax or sealant.

If you want to add protection to the undercarriage, then an undercoating product (ie Amsoil HDMP or Fluid Film) would be used.  In & Out Spray is not going to do much for protecting the underside.

4 hours ago, TheWolf said:

Since there is no protection on the undercarriage, there is no issue with using the Strip Wash as a cleaner.  Just be careful not to get in on the exterior of the vehicle, since it will strip off your wax or sealant.

If you want to add protection to the undercarriage, then an undercoating product (ie Amsoil HDMP or Fluid Film) would be used.  In & Out Spray is not going to do much for protecting the underside.

I just looked up Amsoil HDMP. I think this could be useful. Thanks for the input!

1 hour ago, Traizer said:

Just got my first bottle of strip wash a few weeks ago, didn't realise it was that strong. Excited to use it, going to be doing my first ceramic coating, like like the strip wash will be a good first step

Yes, it's great stuff. But be sure you also follow the recommended coating prep steps as outlined with the kit, i.e., Ceramic Coating Prep, etc.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:39 PM, Tony_G said:

I just looked up Amsoil HDMP. I think this could be useful. Thanks for the input!

It works well, just a little messy to apply.

Here's a write-up I did over on the Ford Raptor Forum:

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195/amsoil-mphd-heavy-duty-metal-protector-amh-17731/index7.html#post627136