Customer Service 866.965.0400

Which first Brilliant Glaze or Americana?

2Fords

Question

So I can never remember,on my garage queen white car. What would you lay down first ,Brilliant Glaze or Americana. The car never gets driven in the rain so that will not be an issue.

just did a quick clay and finish polish on it.

Thanks !

Al

6 answers to this question

@Rich has a beautiful white garage queen (and occasional daily), so he offers solid advice. But you'll probably get about half and half on this, so I'd say it's personal preference...try both, and see what you prefer. Waxes and glazes can be layered either way since netiher bonds to the paint. Sealants and coatings, however, should have a naked suface and be layered first (some have done BG before PS, but I don't).

And I apply Brilliant Glaze first, then top it with Americana when I do showcars/garage queens.  The customers always appreciate the results, but we are not worried about the durability of the wax. 

I recently glazed then americana on my daily (but it is also garaged)  its been at least a month,  looks like glass and is still holding up well!

I glazed first to mask any imperfections i may have missed with finishing polish.