Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Guy Here - Should I buy 2 of the bucket deals?

crrafferty89

Whats up everyone! Just joined the forum to take a peak at the Official Mystery Box thread. Lets just say good old crafferty89 here has been a bad boy and hasn't washed his 2017 VW Passat R-Line in 1 year which equates to about 45,000 miles of daily commuting!!! Needless to say she is a filthy pig and in need of some. In the past I have used Griots Garage products and had great success with them. However I keep hearing about Adams products and I always see them adding new products so I believe its time to jump ship. I'm currently contemplating purchasing two of the Adam's Sticker Bomb Mystery Buckets (current deal of the day at $75). I assume since multiple buckets ship together that also means Adam's does not send duplicates in these mystery deals. Would I be correct? Also, whats y'alls favorite Adam's products?

Edited by crrafferty89

Welcome to the addiction!

MBs are an awesome, even ideal, way to start your new collection. That said, they are a gamble, so you may or may not score big. But you will always get a good value, and if for some reason it doesn't add up to the advertised amount, a quick call to Adam's customer service will make it right. Duplicates are not common, but they do happen. Again, they're a gamble. Your call on multiples, but the buckets alone in this case make it worth it, in my opinion. But don't wait too long. These appear to be a limited release so may not last.

My favorite Adam's product is H2O Guard & Gloss (HGG, for short, or sometimes H2O). You'll likely get as many inputs as there are members, so let us know your goals and we'll give you our advice on what to pick up.

Where are you located? And if you're willing, let's see some pics of the ride...well call them "before Adam's" photos, so we won't judge!

Glad you found us. Awesome info on here, and some even better people, so ask any questions you have. We're all in this addiction together ?.

32 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Welcome to the addiction!

MBs are an awesome, even ideal, way to start your new collection. That said, they are a gamble, so you may or may not score big. But you will always get a good value, and if for some reason it doesn't add up to the advertised amount, a quick call to Adam's customer service will make it right. Duplicates are not common, but they do happen. Again, they're a gamble. Your call on multiples, but the buckets alone in this case make it worth it, in my opinion. But don't wait too long. These appear to be a limited release so may not last.

My favorite Adam's product is H2O Guard & Gloss (HGG, for short, or sometimes H2O). You'll likely get as many inputs as there are members, so let us know your goals and we'll give you our advice on what to pick up.

Where are you located? And if you're willing, let's see some pics of the ride...well call them "before Adam's" photos, so we won't judge!

Glad you found us. Awesome info on here, and some even better people, so ask any questions you have. We're all in this addiction together ?.

Well that's great to hear because I just popped my Adams cherry and purchased two buckets! My current goal is pretty easy, clean car. This VW is just my commuter car at the moment so as long as it looks good, has a nice and water wicks off the glass I'm a happy camper. Once I get the two buckets in I'll take inventory on what I received and then probably order a couple other items. I may try the glass sealant but I'll probably just fork over the extra cash and purchase the CQuartz ceramic glass coating. I'm currently out of town but when I get back this weekend I'll take some pictures of the interior and exterior. Y'all are going to hate my interior its like fast food crumb heaven EVERYWHERE!!! 

20 minutes ago, chasm31 said:

Welcome to the addiction.  +1 on the guard and gloss for exterior.  Interior detailer is my favorite to use inside.  Smells great and no greasy finish.

Great, I hate interior products that either leave a greasy finish or worse yet a film as well! 

On 8/16/2018 at 4:34 AM, richnmib said:

Welcome,  guard and gloss is fantastic stuff and the interior detailer is very good as well.

Awesome, appreciate the input! My two buckets arrive on Tuesday and then i'll probably order some more stuff. 

On 8/16/2018 at 5:40 AM, 8675309'SS said:

Welcome! Make sure you have plenty of good towels! Borderless greys are one of my favorites.  Also check out the Rinseless wash.  You won’t be disappointed.  

Oh yeah my current towel collection needs an overhaul. Most have been thrown out or used past its life expectancy. 

Welcome....

a couple things

guard and gloos is for the exterior 

make sure you grab some clay or clay mitt,  your paint will thank you

also no cquartz needed, as Guard and Gloss has your glass covered ?

let us see what you got and we will assist if needed ?

Welcome aboard.  :welcomebanner:.  I'd be willing to bet you'll get a bottle in at least one of your MBs, but if for some reason you don't, you'll definitely want to pick up some Detail Spray.  It's one of Adams' flagship products for a reason.  You will love the ease of use, the clean finish, the tremendous shine; and the smell is awesome !!!   Use it as a drying aide with each wash and for quick touch ups.  ;)

On 8/20/2018 at 1:06 PM, Chris@Adams said:

Welcome to our forum!

Thanks! Have any sweet coupon codes for newbies like myself? Also, I am toying around with the idea of purchasing a Swirl Killer but the link on your website that says "NOT SURE WHICH MACHINE IS RIGHT FOR YOU? LEARN MORE BY CLICKING HERE". The "CLICKING HERE" portion does not work correctly. The text is supposed to resolve to "http://adamspolishes.com/whichmachinepolishershouldibuy" but I'm assuming that URL is dead so it just pushes you back to the homepage. Anyways, I'd love to get some more info on these Swirl Killer machines you offer. 

On 8/20/2018 at 4:15 PM, pirahnah3 said:

Welcome to the forums, its a great start to your detailing addiction. 

Thanks! Unfortuantley for me the addiction started at 16 years old when I got my first job working at Turtle Wax Car Wash.

On 8/20/2018 at 4:55 PM, Nickfire20 said:

Welcome....

a couple things

guard and gloos is for the exterior 

make sure you grab some clay or clay mitt,  your paint will thank you

also no cquartz needed, as Guard and Gloss has your glass covered ?

let us see what you got and we will assist if needed ?

Thanks! I've tried using glass sealant products in the past but with my 650 mile per week commute which consists of 65 miles each way to work they just don't. One or two days of rain and by the third day my wipers have already removed the product. As far as clay bar goes I still have some left over glass clay but I am in need of some paint clay. Also, per your request I copied my post from the MB thread with the contents of each bucket I received. 

On 8/20/2018 at 6:01 PM, mexiking2365 said:

welcome craferty, WASH AND WAX is mY current fave. doesn’t sud as much as regular or ultra foam but it does leave it with a decent shine. it’s what i use on my daily commuter. 

ENJOY YOUR STAY

Nice! I'll need to grab a bottle of that at some point. My current goal is to detail my car inside and out, ceramic coat it and start washing it once a month like a good owner. 

On 8/20/2018 at 6:14 PM, ZMAN024 said:

Welcome aboard.  :welcomebanner:.  I'd be willing to bet you'll get a bottle in at least one of your MBs, but if for some reason you don't, you'll definitely want to pick up some Detail Spray.  It's one of Adams' flagship products for a reason.  You will love the ease of use, the clean finish, the tremendous shine; and the smell is awesome !!!   Use it as a drying aide with each wash and for quick touch ups.  ;)

The two buckets I got (posted below) are awesome and actually have every product I need. If I didn't get in the Adam's buckets then I still have some leftovers from other brands in the garage. 

5 hours ago, Eric Leicht said:

Welcome to the forums......and yes! Buy all the buckets lol

YES! I bought two buckets directly on the website here. Now I wish I would have bought two more off Amazon as well.

***COPIED FROM OFFICIAL MB THREAD***

The two mystery buckets ended up doing pretty well for my first purchase from Adam's Polishes. Spent a grand total of $149.98 shipped and received a grand total of $304.77 worth of product! Looks like I'll be back on the Adam's website tonight ordering a couple products to fill in the gaps. May even pull the trigger on a swirl killer! 

Bucket 1 (Value = $149.88)

16oz Glass Cleaner - $12.99

16oz Detail Spray - $12.99

16oz Car Shampoo - $9.99

16oz Ultra Foam Shampoo - $14.99

16oz Waterless Wash - $9.99

8oz Ceramic Boost - $19.99

Premium Microfiber Wash Sponge - $9.99

Borderless Blue Towel - $6.99

Single Soft Polishing Towel - $9.99

MicroSilk Glass Towel (2-Pack) - $14.99

Adam's VRT Super Block Tire Dressing Applicator - $1.99

Adam's Sticker Bomb Bucket, Grit Guard, Snap On Lid - $24.99

Bucket 2 (Value = $154.89)

Multi-Use Foaming Cleaner - $8.99

16oz Buttery Wax - $19.99

16oz Undercarraige Spray - $12.99

16oz Wheel Cleaner - $14.99

16oz Tire Shine - $14.99

16oz Tire and Rubber Cleaner - $12.99

Microfiber Wash Mitt - $14.99

Interior Scrubbing Mitt - $12.99

Double Soft Polishing Towel - $14.99

Adam's VRT Super Block Tire Dressing Applicator - $1.99

Adam's Sticker Bomb Bucket, Grit Guard, Snap On Lid - $24.99

Adams_Buckets.jpg

On 8/21/2018 at 11:59 PM, RenoRyan said:

Wow, great buckets for your first purchase! Congrats. 

Well I did a bad thing (DO NOT tell my wife!) I went ahead and purchased another $500 in Adam's Polishes products and tools. :lolsmack: Ever since I sold my GT500 I've been really slacking on car care and basically have no products left. So I said screw it and jumped with both feet into the Adam's Polishes line up! :banana:

Individual Products
Adam's Cars & Coffee Detail Spray 16oz
Adam's Cockpit Brush
Adam's Trim & Lug Nut Brush
Adam's Interior Detailing Brush
Adam's Interior Goo
Adam's Tough Glass Towels (2 Pack)
Adam's Gray Microfiber Applicator Pads (2 Pack)
Adam's Pro Tire Hex Grip Applicator (For Tires and Trim)
Adam's Pad Conditioning Brush
Adam's Premium Interior Dressing Applicators (2 Pack)
Adam's Red Waxing Hex Grip Applicator
Adam's Iron Remover 16oz
Adam's Strip Wash 16oz
Adam's Microfiber Waterless Wash Towels (2 Pack)
Adam's Grit Guard Washboard
Adam's Glass Boost 8oz
Adam's 4oz Glass Sealant
Adam's Leather & Interior Cleaner 16oz

Adam's Wheel Brush Kit
Adam's 20" Fender Brush
Adam's NEW Large Wheel Woolie
Adam's Tire Brush
Adam's Short Wheel Brush

Adam's Perfect Interior Kit
Adam's Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner 16oz
Adam's Edgeless Utility Towel (2 Pack)
Adam's Leather Conditioner 16oz
Adam's Premium Interior Dressing Applicators (2 Pack)
Adam's Interior Detailing Swabs (10 Pack)
Adam's Interior Detailer 16oz
Adam's Glass Cleaner 16oz
Adam's Green Microfiber Glass Cleaning Towel (2 Pack)

Adam's Microfiber Bundle
Adam's Edgeless Utility Towel (2 Pack)
Adam's Double Soft Microfiber Towel
Adam's Single Soft Towel
Adam's Borderless Gray Towel (2 Pack)
Adam's Ultra Plush Drying Towel
Adam's Green Microfiber Glass Cleaning Towel (2 Pack)

Adam's Premium Foam Gun Starter Kit
Adam's 10" Car Wash Pad
Adam's Premium 32oz Foam Gun
Adam's Car Wash Shampoo 16oz

• 1 month later...