Customer Service 866.965.0400

harborfreight.com anyone order?

6spdg37s

I would like to know also. I am considering ordering a low profile jack for my Vette.

yea well basically while i obviously woulndnt wanna get ripped off gettin an impact wrench or nething like that...id def like to know about the quality of the jack and stands and such seeing as how id prefer not to die by having a failing jack drop my viper or g37s on me

My opinion, their tools are okay. Mostly Chinese made stuff. I've bought stuff there when I only use it once or twice a year, or it's pretty obvious it will do the job. I know over on a Corvette Forum some guys get all excited about their low profile floor jacks. Me, since I don't want the car coming down unexpectedly I would probably buy a better unit, one I could buy a rebuild kit for if need be. Right now I use some American grown lumber and a Hein Werner floor jack to raise my Corvette! You kind of need to make your own decision if it's worth saving a few bucks, to send overseas.

Bruce

Edited by b_pappy

I have ordered many things from HF. a 20gal air compressor, air ratchet and gun set, low profile "race" jack, and a rotary polisher.

no issues with any of it, but i would get a better jack that had a higher lift to it. the blue jack i got doesnt go that high. plus its still wont fit under the front of my vette without me getting it on ramps first. I think "low profile" is meant for something other than a corvette :D

Edited by chris308

Ive got one by me... my dad loves the place cuz they are cheap. The quality isn't completely junk but its generally not stuff we use all the time. IMO for electric/ air tools not a good choice, But we do alot of our own work on the vehicles.

I ordered a transmission jack from them that only worked once . They would not replace and ordered a repair kit which took 4 months to get to me . In the meantime I bought a real trans jack and tossed the other out to the street . Some of their stuff is OK at best but don't buy it thinking it will do a TOUGH job . Spend a little more money and get quality products .

Most of their stuff is so-so... I find that things like drill bits and saws dull very quickly, their power tools seem a little flimsy (something to think about when you have a saw blade spinning a 4000RPM just inches from your face and hands) and I've had a few of their tools literally break in my hands (including a vice-grip type thing). That said, I've bought a few things from them but nothing I think will last a lifetime. Generally I try to avoid them because yes, it's pretty much all made in China and also because I'd rather pay a few bucks more for something that will outlast me. Based on my experiences with their stuff I'd NEVER work under a car supported by their jackstands.

Rich

I have one not to far, I never buy from them though. I have a "discount tools" store which is basically the same thing.

The only thing I buy there are zip ties, wire connectors, just the odd and end stuff like that when I buy in surplus. Other than that, any tools and such come from Home Depot / Lowes / Sears, etc...

Everything I've bought from them was made in China and is nearly demolished.

Same here !! I use them to buy throw away tools or those that will see very little use... They are not suited to everyday heavy use at all..

dv

Nearly 100% of their inventory is Made in China.

Americans need to support our country and buy quality USA made goods now more than ever.

Trust me, the Chinese have enough US Dollars as it is. Plus, the quality of goods I've experienced from Harbor Freight is sub-par. (Chicago power tools, etc.)

My $.02;)

Nearly 100% of their inventory is Made in China.

Americans need to support our country and buy quality USA made goods now more than ever.

Trust me, the Chinese have enough US Dollars as it is. Plus, the quality of goods I've experienced from Harbor Freight is sub-par. (Chicago power tools, etc.)

My $.02;)

I wish I would have bet some money on your response. :lolsmack:

:2thumbs:

honestly i was lookin over it better and there sstuff isnt even priced that great i.e. i found a dewalt or a good brand name forget which one cordless impact wrench for 80 bucks at lowes home depot wherever so for 30 more id rather get quality stuff

I've ordered from them in the past. I basically buy the tools knowing I'm not getting a high quality product. Kind of a throw away idea.

I bought a gear puller set from them 10 years ago. Used it once and the threads stripped right off the main pin. On the other hand I have a socket set I bought at the same time. I still use it today. No problems.

okay i agree with all of you if the tool is holding up 4k + pounds above u or spinnng at 4k rpms with a sharp blade u wanna stick with quality.. i went to sears got a crafstman jack package 2 1/4 ton jack and two jack stands for 79.99 not a bad deal IMO