Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dealing with dust day after wash?

LuckyKorean

Question

14 answers to this question

1 hour ago, blcksilv08 said:

Really depends on how much it builds up and what the dust consists of. If it's pollen or industrial waterless or rinseless will work with caution.  Like @falcaineer said, waterless is my go to followed by detail spray or the new ceramic waterless (which is amazing by the way).

Good point on the pollen and industrial, Eric.

3 minutes ago, LuckyKorean said:

@falcaineer @blcksilv08

Sounds like I need to add a gallon of waterless on my next order. Not sure exactly what the dust is, it just builds up when I park at work. Just an ordinary small town. But is Ceramic Waterless worth using if I don’t have Ceramic on my car? 

Yes, to both. I just uploaded a pic and video here on the new Ceramic Waterless (no coating, but CPW is the base).

42 minutes ago, falcaineer said:

Yes, to both. I just uploaded a pic and video here on the new Ceramic Waterless (no coating, but CPW is the base).

Cool video 👍 I had that sliding problem after I put Americana the first time. I still have a lot of Americana so I’m not sure if I should use Ceramic waterless. 

9 hours ago, LuckyKorean said:

Cool video 👍 I had that sliding problem after I put Americana the first time. I still have a lot of Americana so I’m not sure if I should use Ceramic waterless. 

In that case, I'd stick with regular WW (or RW diluted 16:1) and Detail Spray. You can always get the Ceramic Waterless at a later time (it's great!), whenever the mood strikes you!

12 hours ago, LuckyKorean said:

@falcaineer @blcksilv08

Sounds like I need to add a gallon of waterless on my next order. Not sure exactly what the dust is, it just builds up when I park at work. Just an ordinary small town. But is Ceramic Waterless worth using if I don’t have Ceramic on my car? 

Best bet it to buy a gallon of Rinseless Wash and mix up your own Waterless Wash at the ratio Chris mentioned.  Rinseless wash makes a good clay lube too.

8 hours ago, Dkhazlett said:

Great tip on diluting RW.  We get lots of different seasonal pollens in central Texas and after my first bottle of WW I ordered a gallon. 

Here's an article on dilution ratios that may help, too.

I have tried diluting some RW to use before. Mainly used it to prespray some stubborn gunk before wash. It worked well but I didn’t wash whole panels with it. 

Does diluted RW really work as well as WW? Cause the price difference would be huge. 

23 minutes ago, LuckyKorean said:

I have tried diluting some RW to use before. Mainly used it to prespray some stubborn gunk before wash. It worked well but I didn’t wash whole panels with it. 

Does diluted RW really work as well as WW? Cause the price difference would be huge. 

I think the difference us function is so close, you won't notice the difference as long as you dilute it at the right amounts.   As for the smell, that is where WW wins in my opinion.    I bought a gallon of WW on sale that was in a kit with 2 towels, which you'll still want to use the WW towel with diluted RW or actual WW.    Since I generally do a fully 2 bucket wash and the WW is for the rainy or cool day that I am just touching up the wife's car and I keep it in my travel kit, the gallon should last me a couple of years.

1 hour ago, RayS said:

I think the difference us function is so close, you won't notice the difference as long as you dilute it at the right amounts.   As for the smell, that is where WW wins in my opinion.    I bought a gallon of WW on sale that was in a kit with 2 towels, which you'll still want to use the WW towel with diluted RW or actual WW.    Since I generally do a fully 2 bucket wash and the WW is for the rainy or cool day that I am just touching up the wife's car and I keep it in my travel kit, the gallon should last me a couple of years.

:iagree: Especially about the smell! Honestly, I tolerate the RW scent. It's just not a favorite of mine (Neither is the regular blue CS). But to each their own. The products themselves work awesome!