Customer Service 866.965.0400

Metal Polish #1 and #2

Jberlen

Question

My fiance has a 2014 F-150 with chrome bumpers and side rails. I got metal polish #1 and #2 in a mystery box from Amazon and wanted to know if I can use that on factory chrome. I looked on youtube and saw them talk about polished aluminum wheels but not specifically chrome. Any insight is greatly appreciated. 

9 answers to this question

Is your chrome clear coated?  If it is, it will polish with regular paint polishes. If it’s bare chrome, the metal polish will do the trick. If you’re not sure, take some metal polish on a rag and try it. If it comes up black or dark grey it’s bare metal and you’re good to go. If it doesn’t, use regular polish. 

19 hours ago, shane@detailedreflections said:

Is your chrome clear coated?  If it is, it will polish with regular paint polishes. If it’s bare chrome, the metal polish will do the trick. If you’re not sure, take some metal polish on a rag and try it. If it comes up black or dark grey it’s bare metal and you’re good to go. If it doesn’t, use regular polish. 

Thanks, I will try that this weekend. If they are coated I may be posting some metal polish up for trade on facebook haha. 

from my experience with polishing a lot of chrome on a Harley and other chrome (no clear coat), you will not see any black or gray residue like polishing a bare metal.  The Adam's metal polish 1 and 2 do a great job, you probably will only need to use metal polish 1 with chrome. 20467705356_3358b1686b_b.jpg

Edited by wely324

8 hours ago, wely324 said:

from my experience with polishing a lot of chrome on a Harley and other chrome (no clear coat), you will not see any black or gray residue like polishing a bare metal.  The Adam's metal polish 1 and 2 do a great job, you probably will only need to use metal polish 1 with chrome. 20467705356_3358b1686b_b.jpg

Thanks for the info, sharp looking bike! 

56 minutes ago, Jberlen said:

I didn’t get a chance to do the trucks wheels this weekend but while working on my mustang I was able to hit the chrome trim on the grill and made it pop! 

6CDFB1FA-54F0-4C42-B083-B329B63D5236.jpeg

17000903-E2BD-4280-9D83-96B9C52421AC.jpeg

8CDC9FC7-DDF8-45DC-A8D1-1E4D89DAF7FE.jpeg

5ADC0307-66E9-4757-8148-AAB67C90AFE5.jpeg

Man, that looks nice! 😎🔥💯

On 3/31/2019 at 8:43 PM, Jberlen said:

Thanks I didn’t think they would turn out that nice 

Thanks for posting the pictures, now my daughter expects me to shine the pony on her Mustang.  To be honest, I never thought about hitting it metal polish, but I guess that just means I've go to place another order - that sure breaks my heart  😉   Have no worries, it is time to put another coat of Ceramic Wax on it and I'll post the pictures when I'm done - the car not is not ceramic coated.