Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Spray

ArcticBlueSS

Question

13 answers to this question

If you use the spray coating, in addition to steps @Ls1transamsaid, I'd recommend any paint correction necessary and Surface Prep vs. IPA. You're locking in any swirls, etc. under the coating otherwise. In other words, applying it is like applying a traditional coating, only easier.

But to be honest, I don't think coatings are the max shine level you can achieve, nor are waxes for your silver car. For you, I'd recommend Paint Sealant and HGG (every month or so). I have white and love the combo. Simple, straightforward method to great protection and awesome shine. Here's a bit more on why...

20 hours ago, falcaineer said:

If you use the spray coating, in addition to steps @Ls1transamsaid, I'd recommend any paint correction necessary and Surface Prep vs. IPA. You're locking in any swirls, etc. under the coating otherwise. In other words, applying it is like applying a traditional coating, only easier.

But to be honest, I don't think coatings are the max shine level you can achieve, nor are waxes for your silver car. For you, I'd recommend Paint Sealant and HGG (every month or so). I have white and love the combo. Simple, straightforward method to great protection and awesome shine. Here's a bit more on why...

This is great input. I was under the impression that the ceramic coating was best for depth and shine? Would you be able to post a pic of your white ride? I have had quite a few white cars and they don't have the shine of dark colors unless the lighting is right. I am finding that this Camaro has the same characteristics. BTW, it is Arctic Blue Metallic. ☺️ Thanks!

On 4/4/2019 at 10:00 AM, ArcticBlueSS said:

This is great input. I was under the impression that the ceramic coating was best for depth and shine? Would you be able to post a pic of your white ride? I have had quite a few white cars and they don't have the shine of dark colors unless the lighting is right. I am finding that this Camaro has the same characteristics. BTW, it is Arctic Blue Metallic. ☺️ Thanks!

Can't find ones with PS and HGG right now. But I posted some here with just PS. HGG just makes it pop that much more!

And here are a couple of a white Toureg with just HGG and no paint correction.

IMG_20190105_134355.thumb.jpg.cc872ab52bb16be77a0fe5f2e501c428.jpg

IMG_20190105_134452.thumb.jpg.23250ecf467a8206731180a927eb8e1d.jpg

Trust me...PS and HGG is awesome for white paint!!!

On 4/6/2019 at 11:24 AM, falcaineer said:

Can't find ones with PS and HGG right now. But I posted some here with just PS. HGG just makes it pop that much more!

And here are a couple of a white Toureg with just HGG and no paint correction.

IMG_20190105_134355.thumb.jpg.cc872ab52bb16be77a0fe5f2e501c428.jpg

IMG_20190105_134452.thumb.jpg.23250ecf467a8206731180a927eb8e1d.jpg

Trust me...PS and HGG is awesome for white paint!!!

This really looks great. I will have to reconsider applying the ceramic coating. 

2 hours ago, ArcticBlueSS said:

This really looks great. I will have to reconsider applying the ceramic coating. 

Totally your call. Just wanted to offer an alternative where you can achieve some serious shine without quite as much initial effort, but more maintenance long term. Paint correction is still recommended either way because that's what makes any color paint really shine. The LSP is enhancement and protection.

Post what you decided to do and some pics when the time comes...looking forward to whatever you choose!

I started the process on my SIM Camaro, wash, clay, paint correction, polish, surface prep then spray ceramic coating

Since this is my weekend car I usually hit it with a coat of brilliant glaze then Patriot wax.

Anxious to see results

Edited by Kickerz71

1 hour ago, Kickerz71 said:

I started the process on my SIM Camaro, wash, clay, paint correction, polish, surface prep then spray ceramic coating

Since this is my weekend car I usually hit it with a coat of brilliant glaze then Patriot wax.

Anxious to see results

Post your pics when you're finished. I would love to see your results! Thanks!

2 hours ago, Kickerz71 said:

Anxious to see results

Just FYI, since you're doing the Spray Coating, Patriot isn't recommended as a topper. It will adversely affect the coating's performance. Glaze should be OK.

On 4/26/2019 at 9:22 AM, falcaineer said:

Just FYI, since you're doing the Spray Coating, Patriot isn't recommended as a topper. It will adversely affect the coating's performance. Glaze should be OK.

Sorry I wasn’t clear 

my previous steps were BG then patriots

this time around it’s just ceramic spray