Customer Service 866.965.0400

A Blast from the Past

TR6speed

Question

I saw a Facebook post where someone was detailing a C7 Corvette and he has been post each step.  Well he just posted he was about to polish and wax, and he was using Adams Swirl and Haze Remover.  I have not seen that in sometime now and was wondering just how long of a shelf life it has.  Also if the car has many swirls I wonder just how effective it is on the hard clear coat of the Corvette.

2 answers to this question

We typically state that our products have a 2-3 year shelf-life if stored in a room temperature environment. I have some bottles of Detail Spray that are 8+ years old now that still work fine, but as Michael mentioned, the polishes may not fair as well. The micro-abrasives may not do their job as effectively. Swirl & Haze Remover is 10 years old now, so it's most likely not going to work nearly as well as say our current Correcting Polish.

For Corvettes specifically, C5 and C6 Corvettes that I've worked on (and that is a LOT), have hard clear coats that I will almost always need to use the Microfiber Cutting Pad and our Heavy Correcting Compound as my first polishing stage, and then I will step down to the Orange Foam Pad and Orange Correcting Polish. C7 Vettes do seem to have a more forgiving clear coat and I've corrected a few of those with just the orange/orange combo.