Customer Service 866.965.0400

Winter Prep 1 Step

silver16

Question

I’m going to correct my 16 silver ram before winter and was wondering if I could get away with just the correction polish and orange pad or should I finish with fp and white before I seal it? I have the one step in my cart but would like to just do a basic correction and use up some of my stuff before I switch to ceramics. 

Thanks

7 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, silver16 said:

I’m going to correct my 16 silver ram before winter and was wondering if I could get away with just the correction polish and orange pad or should I finish with fp and white before I seal it? I have the one step in my cart but would like to just do a basic correction and use up some of my stuff before I switch to ceramics. 

Thanks

Hi Aaron, in my opinion if you aren't going to spend the time to finish the correction, there is really no need to go over it with the Orange pad.  If you are trying to make it look better, I'd recommend just using Revive Hand Polish to make it look pretty and get it through the Winter.  If are you are going to use an Orange pad and Correcting Polish, then you  should go the next step with a White Pad and Finishing Polish.  If the Ram is in good shape, One Step works very good with the One Step Pad. 

IMO, either the CP and orange pad or One Step combo is a great option to get you to a "basic correction," especially right before winter. If you want next level, then yes, add in the FP and white pad. It's entirely up to you, no right or wrong answer.

It’s not in bad shape really I’ve had it since new and only washed by hand or a touch less in the winter to knock the big stuff off.  Just wondering what my options are with what I have on hand. Definitely going to get the one step soon. 

I don't know where you're located but if you're up north with road salt, I would wait for spring to do any correction/polishing.

There's just no way around not getting some minor swirling and whatnot after 4 months of grit being blasted at your truck.  Once winter is over, strip your sealant, get the paint to your standards, and then reseal or do your switch to ceramic.  No point in doing all the work over again.

11 hours ago, red94chev said:

I don't know where you're located but if you're up north with road salt, I would wait for spring to do any correction/polishing.

There's just no way around not getting some minor swirling and whatnot after 4 months of grit being blasted at your truck.  Once winter is over, strip your sealant, get the paint to your standards, and then reseal or do your switch to ceramic.  No point in doing all the work over again.

I'm of the opposite mind set.  I prefer to have my paint as protected as possible BEFORE having to drive through salt and cinders.  Makes spring detailing easier and with less damage.  But I want that protection there year round. 

13 hours ago, Rich said:

I'm of the opposite mind set.  I prefer to have my paint as protected as possible BEFORE having to drive through salt and cinders.  Makes spring detailing easier and with less damage.  But I want that protection there year round. 

I didn't say don't put any protection on the paint before winter.  I said I wouldn't bother polishing right before winter if you live in an area with road salt, especially if your considering ceramic coating in the spring.

Most certainly get some fresh sealant on before winter.  Then in the spring, do your polishing and protection of choice.