Customer Service 866.965.0400

Glass Sealant VS Ceramic Spray VS Ceramic glass wipes

SS LeadFoot

Question

2 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, SS LeadFoot said:

I have all three. Which would you choose and why?

I can only give you my usage points on the Glass Sealant and Ceramic Spray since I couldn't figure out a reason to buy the Ceramic Wipes.

On non-ceramic vehicles, I use the Glass Sealant and Glass Boost routine.  It works very well and seems to last about as long as the product used on them, generally Americana as the topper.  Then every 2-3 months when the vehicle gets waxed again, I redo the the Glass Sealant.  The in between washes get the Glass Boost.

For Ceramic vehicles,  including Ceramic Paste Wax 1.0, I put Ceramic Spray on the glass.  It holds up for ???? and when I go over the vehicle with Wash & Coat, Ceramic Boost or CS3, I go over the windows at the same time.   I haven't been using CSC long enough to have to have to redo a windshield and there is nothing that sticks to them.  I'll try to remember to update this post when I find out how when a CSC needs to be reapplied.

I've applied the Ceramic Glass Wipes to all my personal vehicles. They're two part, with Part A being the Ceramic, and Part B being a Glass Sealant. If you decide to use the wipes understand Part A needs applied quickly, exactly as the instructions state. I mean quickly, like run from one side of the vehicle to the other, then run back to the first side to apply Part B.

Do not use the Green Glass Towel provided in the kit to remove the Part B product residue, use an Edgeless Utility Towel instead. The Edgeless Utility Towel has more bite to it and makes removing the residue much easier. Be aware, residue removal is a chore and requires some scrubbing with the towel and provided Glass Cleaner. If some residue remains, and is seen later I've had success removing it with just a dry Microsilk Glass Towel and some elbow grease.

Once the product is on the glass it remains for months with only an occasional addition of Glass Sealant to add back the hydrophobic properties.

Several on this forum has used it and had problems removing the residue. I've found that even with some residue still on the glass it doesn't affect visibility driving during the day or night. The residue will eventually go away even without trying to remove it with the Microsilk Glass Towel.