Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic Liquid Wax and CS3

chops1sc

Question

I received Ceramic Liquid Wax in my mystery bucket along with CS3. This is my first ever use of anything having Ceramic in the name, LOL! I have a few questions. I will be applying the Ceramic Liquid Wax onto fully prepped paint.

Do I apply CS3 first?

Or should the CS3 be done after the Wax is applied?

Do I wait until the next wash to use the CS3?

Are they even going to work together?

TIA

7 answers to this question

Of those, the Ceramic Liquid Wax is definitely the most durable, so I recommend you apply that first as your base layer. CS3 is a silica-infused waterless wash type of product, very similar to Ceramic Waterless but separated from the Adam's ceramic line on purpose, so use it like you may have with the original Waterless Wash to clean, add shine, and now some protection, too. They'll work great together as they're both in the same product family. Enjoy!

On 5/9/2020 at 7:46 PM, chops1sc said:

Quick additional question:

How does Ceramic Liquid Wax react to plastic trim? Is there a need to tape it off like sealant and regular wax?

Agreed with @RayS, don't use on trim. You could also use VRT vs tape to make removal of any accidental application super easy.

3 hours ago, RayS said:

You are going to love the outcome of the Ceramic Liquid Wax.  While not an therapeutic as the Ceramic Paste Wax on the application, the results can't be argued with.

It's actually pretty much the same thing, just one was a paste wax (RIP Ceramic Paste Wax 😢), the other a liquid. 

21 hours ago, chops1sc said:

Quick additional question:

How does Ceramic Liquid Wax react to plastic trim? Is there a need to tape it off like sealant and regular wax?

If it is perfectly smooth, it will be fine, but anything rough or porous will leave traces of dried wax.