Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adam's Odor Bomb - Permanent Fix?

MacA

Question

The previous owner of my 2015 Silverado crew cab owned a dog that I think lived in the back seat area. It appeared that the owner would lift the seats up and the dog traveled laying on the carpet. There were even a few areas where the carpet had been chewed through. Luckily those areas are hidden when the seats are in their normal position.

Anyway, here in North Carolina, when the weather gets hot and humid, the "wet-dog-smell" presents itself. I have cleaned and shampooed the carpets, used all sorts of odor eliminators and odor masking sprays, but the smell always returns! I also replace the in-cabin air filter on a regular basis!

I recently saw the Odor Bomb on Adam's website and decided to give it a try. I just received notice that my order shipped. I am praying that this product will finally do the trick on this persistent odor.

Looking for anyone with a similar experience, and especially someone that has used the Adam's Odor Bomb. Will this product permanently eliminate this type of odor? Or is it a short term fix that will have to be repeated occasionally? Other product recommendations (sent via PM) would also be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the feedback!!

Also, I will update this thread with my results from using this product.

Edited by MacA

4 answers to this question

I used an Odor Bomb in the trunk of a car that had cat pee in it from a cat crate that flipped over (no cat in the crate when that happened), worked very well, been a couple years now. I'd exhausted most all other options from chemical to steam with little luck. I now keep two fresh Charcoal Bags back there too.

May want to give the new Enzymatic Cleaner a try too.

Edited by BRZN

On 5/30/2020 at 8:30 AM, MacA said:

The previous owner of my 2015 Silverado crew cab owned a dog that I think lived in the back seat area. It appeared that the owner would lift the seats up and the dog traveled laying on the carpet. There were even a few areas where the carpet had been chewed through. Luckily those areas are hidden when the seats are in their normal position.

Anyway, here in North Carolina, when the weather gets hot and humid, the "wet-dog-smell" presents itself. I have cleaned and shampooed the carpets, used all sorts of odor eliminators and odor masking sprays, but the smell always returns! I also replace the in-cabin air filter on a regular basis!

I recently saw the Odor Bomb on Adam's website and decided to give it a try. I just received notice that my order shipped. I am praying that this product will finally do the trick on this persistent odor.

Looking for anyone with a similar experience, and especially someone that has used the Adam's Odor Bomb. Will this product permanently eliminate this type of odor? Or is it a short term fix that will have to be repeated occasionally? Other product recommendations (sent via PM) would also be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the feedback!!

Also, I will update this thread with my results from using this product.

The Odor Bomb may work well enough for you, it may not.  Wet dog smell is frustrating at best.  

On a molecular level, the only way to eliminate odors is with an ozone generator.  This is the tool that hotels and apartments use to eliminate odors.  You can get some small inexpensive ones on amazon, but I'm not sure how they work.  We have a commercial unit that we use.  We typically charge $50-100 to run the ozone depending on other services purchased at the time. You may find a local detailer with one.  That will leave the car with an almost stale smell that will take a few days to go away even with the use of air fresheners. 

On 5/31/2020 at 5:19 AM, BRZN said:

I used an Odor Bomb in the trunk of a car that had cat pee in it from a cat crate that flipped over (no cat in the crate when that happened), worked very well, been a couple years now. I'd exhausted most all other options from chemical to steam with little luck. I now keep two fresh Charcoal Bags back there too.

May want to give the new Enzymatic Cleaner a try too.

I think one of the secrets to letting things work before the ozone level is how long they've sat for.  The enzyme cleaners are great.  We use them for any human fluids type of messes, or really any other biological situations we come across.  The charcoal can't hurt either.  That's a solid idea without going to the length of the ozone machine.

UPDATE:   So I used the Odor Bomb as per instructions. Placed it in the truck yesterday evening, and removed it this morning. I left it in the truck for approximately 15 hours. After removing the container and venting the truck for about 30 minutes I got inside and closed the doors. I have to say I am impressed with the results. The dog smell was gone. The interior smell was clean. Hard to explain. Not like it was masking the odor, just "new" spelling.

The real test will be as it gets hotter and more humid here in NC. Keeping my fingers crossed!!