Customer Service 866.965.0400

RV Fiberglass Tips & Techniques

nefarious

Question

Looks like it's been a couple years since this question was last asked and since things move quickly in this industry with new products, etc I thought I'd ask again. What's going to keep the exterior siding & decals looking showroom new?

Ease of application is key since we're talking about HUGE areas.

UV Ceramic Spray Coating

CS3?

H20 G&G?

Edited by nefarious

2 answers to this question

My recommendation for longevity and ease of application for a large area is HGG.  If the RV is primarily white, then HGG is even better.  Alternately, if you are going to wash it on a regular basis and use a foam gun, you can use Wash & Wax and the Red Car Wash Wedge since it will cover a large area quickly.    https://adamspolishes.com/collections/car-washing-accessories/products/adam-s-wash-wedge

Using Wash & Wax, My motorhome, which I sold about 2 years ago was a 30' Class C and I could do it with Wedge and Foam Gun in about 4 hours.  The 30' camper that I take care of and has 3 sliders takes me about 3 hours and the 26' class A, no slides, takes about 2.5.   I can do them every 4 to 6 weeks.

When using HGG it is a spring and fall endeavor and takes about 8 hours for a 27' Class A with two slides.  HGG requires a wash first and then the application of the HGG and time on a ladder.  The HGG does give it a better appearance, but it is a whole lot more work.  I have not had anyone willing to pay for a coating yet on a camper or motorhome, but I suspect that would be a many day effort.

Revive Hand Polish or now it is just called hand polish tends to make the graphics really pop.  The downside is that once you start with the hand polish on the graphics, especially if they are oxidized, you have to do them all because they will look so much better.

The most longevity of the ones listed is Ceramic Spray Coating, followed by HGG, then CS3. CS3 can be used to maintain the coating if that's what you go with, it's similar to the Ceramic Waterless. 

CSC is really easy to apply, but with any coating, prep is everything so the surface should be fully cleaned and decontaminated, at a minimum. Paint Correction is up to you.