Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bird bomb on wrap leaves mark, how to remove?

Sam Y

Question

I tried to wipe it off with some waterless wash but it seems to have left a mark. My roof is wrapped with Inozetek Gloss black + coated with ceramic coat and I just noticed the bird crap today. The poop washed off but not really sure what else I can try to get rid of the mark.

Car is parked outside so, you know, things happen.

IMG_20210330_161059.jpg

5 answers to this question

How long was it on the car?  You could try brilliant glaze to see if that gets rid of it. But if it was on there too long and in the sun there’s a possibility it baked into the coating. If that’s the case the only way to get rid of it is to polish it off and reapply the coating 

Most likely you won't be able to remove it. The bird poo is acidic, and it's etched into the wrap. You could try a multitude of things; Brilliant Glaze, Fine or Medium Grade Clay, very lightly polish it by hand with Hand Polish, or even try using a DA with the White Foam Pad and Polish on a slow speed with light pressure. Keep a bottle of Waterless Wash with you and a Waterless Wash Towel, remove and Bird droppings or splattered bugs immediately. Wraps aren't usually as forgiving as paint, and the bird bombs and bug guts will do the same thing to paint if left very long.

Thanks for the advice. I'll try brilliant glaze next time.

The spot went away on its own after the car got rained on. I would think a ceramic coat gives some protection against bird droppings, even if it's on vinyl.

6 hours ago, Sam Y said:

Thanks for the advice. I'll try brilliant glaze next time.

The spot went away on its own after the car got rained on. I would think a ceramic coat gives some protection against bird droppings, even if it's on vinyl.

Yes, it would.