Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not my typical detail...

Team Adam's

Had a chance to tackle a buick this weekend... not my typical faire as I tend to do more custom trucks and sports cars than anything, but it came out beautiful (for a buick) Sorry there aren't more pictures... when I finished the sun was really harsh so there werent many good shots to show off with.

The owner is an 85 year old man, the car is about 2 years old with 28,000 on the clock. THIS WAS ITS FIRST TIME BEING WAXED!! :help:

Process:

Washed w/ Adams car soap via hydrofoamer foam gun

-- Front bumper was hit with APC to loosen up the dried on bug mess

Clayed w/ Adams clay and DS

Rewashed with Adams soap via foam gun

Dried w/ Adams WWMF drying towel

1 pass w/ SHR on orange pad

1 pass w/ SHR on white pad

1 pass w/ Revive on white pad

Removed residue w/ Adams TBMF & DS

Now the customer wanted super long lasting protection and didn't care as much about aesthetics so (sorry Adam) I opted for a coat of Optiseal to seal his paint and wheels.

After sufficient cure time I layered a coat of BSG to give it a little depth and called it good.

Inside all the WHITE leather was treated to Adams Leather Conditioner, the rest got a coat of VRT. Carpets were vacuumed and shampooed and lastly I applied a little BSG to all the woodgrain... that REALLY mad the stuff pop :bow:

Didn't come out half bad considering the really bland color of the paint... when the old guy came to pick it up you would've thought I had turned back the clock a couple decades, he was so excited and was talking about rushing home to the show off his ride :thumbsup:

DSC_4781.jpg

DSC_4778.jpg

DSC_4786.jpg

great job! that color of paint might not be the flashiest, but it looks slick when shined up.

an honest question here: is it safe to use APC to loosen-up dried bug-guts?

I only use it in extemely bad cases and don't let it dwell on the paint for very long at all and never in direct sunlight.

Optiseal is great for 2 reasons... its wipe on/walk away... as in no buffing off. You simply apply it in real thin layers and thats it. 2nd is the durability... I've treated customers cars with it and seen it stand up to pretty heavy abuse for about 5 months. Its far more resistant to UV, heat, water, etc than anything else I've used.

The major drawback (and the reason I don't use it exclusively) is that it leaves the paint looking lifeless (IMO) I always layer some MSW or Butterywax over the top. At the very minimum a layer of BSG.

I mean, you can do only Optiseal, the paint will look clean and shiney, but it lacks the depth, warmth, and life that you get from your paint after treating it with MSW or Buttery. Definitely not a replacement for anything Adams sells, just something to compliment it. I will typically use it on customers cars that don't come to me for regular cleanings or that I know will be a mess the next time I see them. Once the waxes have broken down, as they always do in time, its a final barrier of protection to keep that paint in as good a shape as possible until the next detail session. If its a customer I know I'll see every couple of months or will do a decent job of maintaining the car between me working on it then I skip the sealant and go right to the MSW.

Edited by Dylan06SS