Customer Service 866.965.0400

Step by Step wash procedure

Buzzsaw

Question

I know this is in here somewhere, so I apologize in advance.

I will be picking up my, ARTIC WHITE,  2022 C8 Corvette Stingray in December. I will have it professionally Ceramic coated , with a full front PPF applied..

I will keep in covered with an "indoor" cover in my garage when not driving. When I do wash it........

1. If it just has dust on it from being covered, what do I use? and how?

2. When it needs a full wash, what are the steps I take, and what products will I need?

Thanks for your reply's

6 answers to this question

If it’s covered you could use either the waterless wash, ceramic waterless wash, CS3, or the graphene detail sprays to remove the dust. 

as far as washing I would imagine any of the Adams shampoos would work fine. I would just recommend using the 2 bucket method with grit guards in both buckets.  Depending on how much time you have to spend washing your car you can also use a foam cannon or foam  gun for a prerinse but I personally just use the standard 2 bucket method and do not use any sort for foam gun/ cannon. Opinions on them vary some swear by it while others don’t feel it makes enough of a difference to be worth the effort. 

Waterless Wash, Rinseless Wash, or either version of CS3 are prefect for light touch ups. Detail Spray or Graphene Detail Spray could also work but they don't have the cleaning agents those products have.

This should help for doing a full, proper wash.

Hope those help!

8 hours ago, mc2hill said:

@BuzzsawGood advice above!

I will add this for your car cover part (from @Rich) - place some microfiber sheets on the clean car first (he had someone sew them together) to protect from any movement of the car cover.

Started getting the car ready for winter today and washed the sheet cover.  Nice and soft now and perfect for putting underneath my regular winter cover.  Clean the car up and cover her up tomorrow for the long winter's nap. 🛌