Customer Service 866.965.0400

Two Year Comparison

RayS

Question

After two years we were able to go back to Florida to see the wife's father and visit my aunt & uncle.  This also gave me the opportunity to take care of the golf cart and redo the headlights on the Suburban.  The golf cart was done in November 2019 with Adam's Ceramic Spray Coating, which is the first picture.   

IMG_0586.thumb.JPG.67b3a5efbe7506fe61ec6c988ee5a296.JPG

The second picture is from November 2021 after getting washed and dried with CS3 and I must say that I'm impressed with the longevity and how good it looks.  I can tell that the black trim on the front needs to be redone and I will look at going to the Graphene Spray Coating in the spring. There is no doubt the Ceramic Spray coating held up well for 2 years given that the golf cart gets used every day since it is the way the father-in-laws gets around the park.

IMG_1091.thumb.jpg.f00e507329110c6b02e0d6fb120ead39.jpg

Next up is the headlights on the Suburban and I already knew they had gotten pretty bad again.  I expect that I'll need to do the headlights on at least an annual basis if not twice a year.

Before

IMG_1093.thumb.jpg.fa798016f9f0f0cdfdb803fa49fdc813.jpg

after using the Adam's Headlight Kit that used to be on the web site with the two pads and little bottles of correcting, finishing polish and detail spray along with the Swirl Killer Mini.

IMG_1096.thumb.jpg.46efea46c05baba8c7fb2e10237c7809.jpg

As I was working on the Suburban I had five people stop and ask me if I did that for a living or if I had a card because they needed theirs done.  Unfortunately time did not permit me to take on additional jobs since I had more items on my list for the two houses than was possible to get done.  At least I know I won't be bored on the next Florida run

3 answers to this question

Nice work Ray!

Down here a corrected headlight with a sealant applied will start to cloud in about 6 months (probably similar to what you get in SC).  If you wetsand them (to remove the remaining factory protection) and apply a coating you can go a year or more before they start clouding again.

FYI - applying a coating without sanding does not add anything, as the coating will not bond to the headlight sufficiently.  I checked this out with several vendors at Mobile Tech Expo (a detailing trade shoe) a few years ago.