Customer Service 866.965.0400

If you could only have one which size polisher?

bosco1

Question

6 answers to this question

So I love the 15mm. But for all around, get everywhere detailing, it's hard to beat the 12mm. It will take you longer, but it simply gets into places and areas the larger ones can't.

I can tell you Adam's personal favorite is the 12mm SK Pro, he also takes his time detailing over weeks to months on the same car. Hell correct on panel, then come back and do another in a week or two, and so on.

If you have and don't mind taking the time, get the 12mm.

41 minutes ago, RayS said:

It comes down to what type of vehicle are you normally using it on.

Large flat panels, mid to full size pickups as an example, the 15mm
Small vehicles with lots of odd shaped panels, the 12mm

Well I do have 2 large suv's.

Tahoe and wifes Escalade. 64 Biscayne has large flat panels as well. Corvette's. 

I have my older Porter Cable with standard 6.5 that does well.. I do have a smaller backing plate for it but it's still rather large for smaller areas.

Purchased a small backing plate for my Dewalt Cordless drill but when I apply any pressure it free wheels...Can't seem to get it tight enough.

23 hours ago, bosco1 said:

Well I do have 2 large suv's.

Tahoe and wifes Escalade. 64 Biscayne has large flat panels as well. Corvette's. 

I have my older Porter Cable with standard 6.5 that does well.. I do have a smaller backing plate for it but it's still rather large for smaller areas.

Purchased a small backing plate for my Dewalt Cordless drill but when I apply any pressure it free wheels...Can't seem to get it tight enough.

With the 6.5 for the SUV's, I'd have to recommend the 12mm to get to all the spots that the 6.5 can't.