Customer Service 866.965.0400

Mitch

Mitch

Question

Have a 2023 C8, at the dealer having looked at for thumping sound when riding and braking.  They state one of my rotors has a rust spot (significant) that is causing this issue. They presume an interaction between my tire cleaner? and rotor has lead to this? They recommend replacing rotor and pads, anyone ever experience this?

2 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Mitch said:

Have a 2023 C8, at the dealer having looked at for thumping sound when riding and braking.  They state one of my rotors has a rust spot (significant) that is causing this issue. They presume an interaction between my tire cleaner? and rotor has lead to this? They recommend replacing rotor and pads, anyone ever experience this?

Hi Mitch,

First welcome to the Forum and don't forget for post an official intro.

I have not heard of anyone being told that there is a problem with a Adam's Tire and Wheel Cleaner and brake rotors.  If that were the case, then I would not expect the Adam's products to sold at most Chevy Dealers.  What also stands out is that it is only one of your rotors and pads, if it was the Adam's Tire and Wheel cleaner, then it should be affecting all of them.   I'll note that I have not yet dealt with the 2023 version of the Ceramic Brake Rotors if you had that option put on the C8.  In my opinion if only one rotor is affected and do you not have staining on the wheel which would indicate you did not rinse it off, then it is most likely a defective part.  

I'd say someone's giving you a line of BS.  Been using only Adam's everything on my C6 for 10 years now with ZERO issues. Still have the original brakes and rotors, wheels, and tires.  Sounds like they want you to buy something you don't need. Typical dealership crap.