Customer Service 866.965.0400

Powerstick & Green Wheel Cleaner review

FASN8N

Question

I have to say I was a bit skeptical about the green wheel cleaner since I have been using Eagle One A-Z all finish wheel cleaner for about the past 15 years with nothing else coming close.

After watching the video about the Powerstick I thought I would order one and give it a try to go along with my new green wheel cleaner and boar's hair wheel brush.

I tried all three new products over the weekend and I am nothing short of blown away by how much time and effort these new products saved me.

No more cutting my hands trying to clean the inside of the wheels or having irritated skin (or burning if you get some cleaner in a cut!) from a harsh cleaner :2thumbs:

I also really like the boar's hair brush. It does a good job of getting in the crevices and wheel lug area :rockon:

I would estimate that I cut my wheel/tire cleaning time by 50%

Thanks again Adam's! :cheers:

21 answers to this question

I will have to agree with you about the gwc and ace stick combo. My fronts dust up like a mother so fast (need to switch to ceramic pads) its annoying. the gwc cuts it pretty good and with a little agitation from the ace stick they look great. My rims are pretty open so I can semi-easily clean them with out the ace stick but with out it, but to do the area by the caliper( 1 in clearance maybe) I had to clean the rest of the rim rinse then back up the car and get the area still black with dust. I tried to take pics to show results but my camera isnt that good. maybe in a week once they get dusted up nice and good i will try with some on elses camera.

I used this combo for the first time today, now I have to sit here and kick myself for not doing it sooner :(:(:(:(

I can't believe how much crud came out of my rims and I only have 2200 miles on it !!!!!!!!!!

I was priviledged to test the power stick and green wheel cleaner prior to release during a photo shoot at the warehouse, the thing really does do what it is advertised as doing. Cleaning the inside of the wheels on the Shelby is a task, so much that I gave up on doing it the majority of the time. I was not entirely impressed when I first saw the Powerstick, as it looked fairly gimmicky. I was obviously a fool for doubting an Adam's product, as the thing worked great in conjunction with the Green Wheel Cleaner.

I JUST got mine yesterday as they had run out of them and just got them back in.

Adam you need to find a smaller box to ship them in! lol

I can't wait to try it out. I think it's meant for wheels that have been cleaned by hand previously. So you use this once a week to KEEP them clean. It doesn't look as if it were meant to clean a years worth of grime off.

The green wheel cleaner is AWESOME! I used it to clean the floor mats in my (new to us) Subaru Legacy GT and it worked the bees knees... Then I thought WTF I might as well try it on my winter mats for my G8 which I did and it worked great there too!

THEN... I sprayed it on an oily spot on the driveway that my fiance's '95 120,000+ mile Saturn likes to put on my driveway (it's going soon) and you could see it working. (no ST) I let it sit over night and today and then I will spray again and scrub it with a hard bristle brush. I'm hoping it works...

Chris

I have a question about the GWC. I hear people using it on the paint on their car and clear coated rims. My question is doesn't the GWC break down any wax or sealant that you might have on your paint or clear coated surfaces? Steven, Adam?

I have a question about the GWC. I hear people using it on the paint on their car and clear coated rims. My question is doesn't the GWC break down any wax or sealant that you might have on your paint or clear coated surfaces? Steven, Adam?

First, as for the smell, it's part of the deal, sorry! I hang mine to dry in the garage, next to the garage door, this way it doesn't smell offensively. IT's animal hair for sure, and comes with the stink, but only when wet. Get it dry, quick, and you'll be happier.:)

The GWC does break down wax and sealant on the rims. Typically, if your wheels are polished/ waxed often, you can use pressurized water to get them clean. Nothing should stick.

If you drive through the rain for 100 miles or so, your wheels will need another round of polish/ wax/ sealant anyway.

I hope this explains it, and the GWC is an eco-friendly cleaning agent, but still, it's a cleaning agent that does reduce the lifespan of the protection applied to any finish.

Does this answer it well Devin? :confused:

Thanks!

Well for the first time in over 20 years I have bought new chrome rims. I can have chrome now that my Stang is retired from daily driving. I'm watching and reading this.

Huge concern about getting in behind the face rim, I have a 10 spoke, riveted Enkei LF-10. So....I'm thinking about getting the products tire brush boar hair brush and the cleaner. BUT..for sure, you can use the boar hair brush without scratching?? REALLY???

and what about this stick? I do have a cordless drill. Seems like everyone loves this thing and my thought is to keep these rims spotless. So talk to me people.:)

Oh and what about the chrome polish after cleaning?

Well for the first time in over 20 years I have bought new chrome rims. I can have chrome now that my Stang is retired from daily driving. I'm watching and reading this.

Huge concern about getting in behind the face rim, I have a 10 spoke, riveted Enkei LF-10. So....I'm thinking about getting the products tire brush boar hair brush and the cleaner. BUT..for sure, you can use the boar hair brush without scratching?? REALLY???

and what about this stick? I do have a cordless drill. Seems like everyone loves this thing and my thought is to keep these rims spotless. So talk to me people.:)

Oh and what about the chrome polish after cleaning?

I've used both the tire brush and powerstick on my exs 1000$ a pop rims and they looked amazing when done. So From my experience they are safe.