Customer Service 866.965.0400

Looks Only!

galaxy

Question

We spend a lot of time, especially if the topic is ceramic, discussing protection and performance and durability and easy cleaning and bla bla bla. But what if we only talk about looks.  Throw every other factor out the window but looks. What would your last step, top product be?  I’m talking no cleaning, no dual purpose — applied to a perfectly corrected and prepped surface.  

18 answers to this question

I brought this topic up because as satisfied as I am with the ceramic offerings, they just don't pop.  It's always always left me wanting.  And it kinda sucks because I do a good job, I'm doing it right, the benefits of a ceramic are amazing, but the looks just leave me wanting.  Ironically, I've had better luck with the spray than the bottle (and yes, talking solely looks here also).  My last go-round was with graphine advanced, and same thing; just want...more.  I've got a bottle of spray to try next to see if my luck continues.  But I'm not opposed to trying brilliant glaze on top, or slick and slide (just got a bottle), or whatever seems to be a fan favorite.

I will start by saying true shine comes from proper paint correction, the rest is enhancement and protection. Since you said to assume paint correction is done, the topper really is up to you. 

For white, I have yet to find a better combo than Paint Sealant (which Adam's no longer carries) and HGG. It simply makes quite pop. Since PS isn't an option anymore, HGG is a viable alternative and has the best overall appearance in my opinion.

This might be slightly off topic, but I think ceramic coatings were created for longevity and not looks. We spend all our time babying our rides and waxing (or sealing) is part of that process. IMO, if you have a ceramic coated car, you are wasting time and money by trying to add to the look. This is one reason why I have not ventured into ceramic coating. 

Put me in the "wax looks best" camp. 😁 

21 hours ago, chops1sc said:

This might be slightly off topic, but I think ceramic coatings were created for longevity and not looks. We spend all our time babying our rides and waxing (or sealing) is part of that process. IMO, if you have a ceramic coated car, you are wasting time and money by trying to add to the look. This is one reason why I have not ventured into ceramic coating. 

Put me in the "wax looks best" camp. 😁 

Not off topic at all. In fact, you nailed it as to why I started this thread in the first place. I’ve enjoyed my ceramic and you absolutely cannot beat the care, but it has never “wow’d” me like some other products over the years in the looks department.  I have however had different/better luck with spray coatings vs the tiny little bottle.  Guess I’m looking for what’s next. 

And FWIW, nothing to do with my cars is a waste of time nor money, LOL.  It’s all just the next adventure or project. 

Edited by galaxy

Sooooo, against my better OCD (like most of us), I did half a car in the new spray wax and half in G&G.  I did this on a surface that had just been freshly WW'd, so it should have an even playing field.  Did it make a difference?  Absolutely.  Can I tell a difference between the two sides of the car?  Nope.  But I agree maybe color makes a difference.  Car has blue vinyl stripes, and maybe the G&G nudges ahead just a tad bit as far as depth on those stripes.  But on the white paint, indifferent so far.  Waiting to get the car out in multiple lighting conditions.  

I'll add this...ease of use goes to spray wax by far.  G&G is not difficult and there's no streaking, but for all of us that use it, you know it's slimy.  Just gotta make darn sure you get it all buffed down.  Not the spray wax.  Spray wax is darn near almost as user friendly as your best detail spray flavour.  

15 hours ago, galaxy said:

Sooooo, against my better OCD (like most of us), I did half a car in the new spray wax and half in G&G.  I did this on a surface that had just been freshly WW'd, so it should have an even playing field.  Did it make a difference?  Absolutely.  Can I tell a difference between the two sides of the car?  Nope.  But I agree maybe color makes a difference.  Car has blue vinyl stripes, and maybe the G&G nudges ahead just a tad bit as far as depth on those stripes.  But on the white paint, indifferent so far.  Waiting to get the car out in multiple lighting conditions.  

I'll add this...ease of use goes to spray wax by far.  G&G is not difficult and there's no streaking, but for all of us that use it, you know it's slimy.  Just gotta make darn sure you get it all buffed down.  Not the spray wax.  Spray wax is darn near almost as user friendly as your best detail spray flavour.  

Are you using the new Spray Wax? It's now orangish and grapefruit scented, it also has silica added. 

Tried the new formula spray wax. It goes on

just as easy as the old spray wax, EASY!. Seems to bead -up much better also. Didn't get to try it on my white GT500 because Im done driving it for the season but the old formula worked really good on white. (garage queen).Also, does not seem to stain the towels as bad as the old formula.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:53 AM, galaxy said:

Yup…got the new one. 

I got to agree with you Galaxy, I'm a huge fan of Adam's Spray Wax! It was my 1st Adams product I'd ever used back a couple years ago. Definitely led me down the path to more. It's the best spray wax I've ever used for sure. It's easy of applying/removal and compatibility with Adams soaps/towels is great. Sure the durability is lessened compared to the paste wax, but the ease of use and shine is great for minimal effort. I use it as a drying agent, on dry vehicles, on glass, even my house glass doors.