Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Paste Wax Question

TR6speed

Question

Ok all of you Adams rep's out there, this is for you. I started with the Buttery Wax when I first began using Adams, some two and a half years ago. Then when the new Super Machine Wax was released, I changed over to it, because I had a PC buffer and it seemed like the way to go. I could not be happier with the results I received from both products.

Now for my question, what benefit will or can I expect to see if I use the new paste wax instead of the Super Machine Wax? Also is this product as easy to use (apply & remove) as the Buttery Wax or the Super Machine Wax? My car is not a true daily driver and although now that I am retired, it is being used more then when I worked. It is garage kept and covered also in the garage.

Thanks

19 answers to this question

I'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along and give you a more definitive answer, but I will give you an opinion based off of my experiences with detailing. I am personally going to keep using the MSW on my car in the position of acting as a sealant for my paint. The Americana will be used over that to give that depth and shine that it is sure to be famous for soon. The MSW is a **** fine product, and can't be beat. The Americana I have a feeling is a way to further enhance that product. Again, these are opinions based off of experiences I have had with Adam's products, as well as others, so nothing is to be taken as fact. Though I have a feeling I am probably right.

Now for my question, what benefit will or can I expect to see if I use the new paste wax instead of the Super Machine Wax? Also is this product as easy to use (apply & remove) as the Buttery Wax or the Super Machine Wax? My car is not a true daily driver and although now that I am retired, it is being used more then when I worked. It is garage kept and covered also in the garage.

Thanks

Since Americana is a carnuba wax, the first benefit you'll notice is more depth in your paint - a "wet look". Its ease of use I suppose would be on par with the butter wax. You could use a machine to apply it, but you might find yourself running through product a bit quicker than if you were to do it via hand applicator.

I'll wait for someone more knowledgeable to come along and give you a more definitive answer, but I will give you an opinion based off of my experiences with detailing. I am personally going to keep using the MSW on my car in the position of acting as a sealant for my paint. The Americana will be used over that to give that depth and shine that it is sure to be famous for soon. The MSW is a **** fine product, and can't be beat. The Americana I have a feeling is a way to further enhance that product. Again, these are opinions based off of experiences I have had with Adam's products, as well as others, so nothing is to be taken as fact. Though I have a feeling I am probably right.

Great answer Charles :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just wait a good 12 hours after the application of MSW and do a good wipe down then apply the AAW.

Ok, I just made up AAW for Adam's Americana Wax. Lets see if it sticks :jester:

Ok, I just made up AAW for Adam's Americana Wax. Lets see if it sticks :jester:

I think it's a given it's an Adams product and I am not aware of any other Adams acronyms having an A for Adams in them so I would vote on AW just like BW...;)

What you say?

As for the ease? No it's not as easy as buttery wax. BUT it's WAY easy for a carnuba based wax. It's only slightly harder than the BW IMO but WELL worth the slightly increased effort you have to put forth.

Cheers,

Chris

I think it's a given it's an Adams product and I am not aware of any other Adams acronyms having an A for Adams in them so I would vote on AW just like BW...;)

What you say?

As for the ease? No it's not as easy as buttery wax. BUT it's WAY easy for a carnuba based wax. It's only slightly harder than the BW IMO but WELL worth the slightly increased effort you have to put forth.

Cheers,

Chris

:iagree: with everything.

:lurk: I have been wondering the same thing. I would like to try it but i use the MSW and i have a PC. Do i use this over my MSW????

Adam please help!! Should i use this instead of BSG? Should i use this on top of everything else. My corvette is pewter so i am always looking for something to give it more depth.

Thanks

Steve :cheers:

:lurk: I have been wondering the same thing. I would like to try it but i use the MSW and i have a PC. Do i use this over my MSW????

Adam please help!! Should i use this instead of BSG? Should i use this on top of everything else. My corvette is pewter so i am always looking for something to give it more depth.

Thanks

Correct, it can go over MSW and then you can put BSG over the AW for even more shine !!!!!

Just for reference, BSG can be used on top of just about anything :rockon::rockon::rockon:

I would follow these steps for the ultimate protection, depth, and kick *** shine:

1) Prep (Wash, clay, polish, ect)

2) Machine Super Wax via Black Pad

3) Americana Wax

4) Brilliant Spray Glaze for maintenance

All three of those products offer a different level of protection. The MSW is more like a sealant, and thus offers the best protection for your paint against the elements and such. The Americana will augment that protection with an unbeatable shine and depth, as well as further increase protection. I would use both of those in conjunction, and follow it up with BSG to keep the look fresh, and to keep your protection level up between waxing. Hope that helps!

Thanks

Hi Jack! Great question, and we found in testing that the shine is a little deeper, and it seems to be more of a shell, similar to that on an M&M candy.

Does that make sense? If you are happy with your shine, and the work involved to achieve it, stick with it!

We only introduce products that perform differently than the ones before. Butter is easy, but doesn't have super durability. SuperWax, which is really a sealant, lasts and provides a deep shine. It's not as easy to use as the Buttery. The Americana is pretty easy to use, especially when applied thin, and two coats of it will outlast one coat of SuperWax.

We need to re-name the Super-Wax, "Machine Sealant."

Then, we'll have a Liquid Wax, (Buttery) and a Paste Wax, (Americana) which is more up to a detailer's preference.

The experience of waxing with a Paste is different, and seems somewhat addictive. I haven't waxed with Buttery or MSW since we started this project last year.

Seems rubbing the foam applicator over the slippery finish of the Paste, an thinly applying a coat by hand just gives me the jollies!:banana:

I hope this explains it, and thanks for your excellent question!

-Adam:2thumbs:

Yes I will. I will follow my normal procedure, which is Fine Machine Polish followed by the Machine Super Wax and then I will allpy two coats of the new paste wax. I just finished claying the car and applying the Swirl & Haze Remover, so I will probably not need to do those steps next time, but I will still give it the old plastic bag test just to make sure it does not need claying.