Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who likes Pontiac?

Cyclone

Well...

As most of you know my wife was in a pretty bad wreck last month. She is doing well, still out of work for another month or two, but our beloved El Camino did not survive.

Our original plans were leading towards a Camaro or Mustang but then we started thinking about the future. It would be nice to have a little one running around in the next year or two, so we set out to find a "family car" that met our needs.

Of course me being a pretty bug guy, I like plenty of room and comforts. I enjoy the luxuries of life where my wife wanted something good looking and sporty.

We found a pretty good deal on our new ride. It is a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT. This thing is loaded with every option available at the time without being a supercharged GTP.

Nice factory rims that look good on the car. Beautiful color paint job and styling. Factory fog lights, center console, floor shift, overhead console, etc... Beige leather interior is so beautiful and comfy! This car only has 57K miles on it and considering the average is about 15K per year right now, this car is a little over 6K per year average! It also has a awesome "heads up" display that projects the speed onto the windshield for nighttime driving. And if you change the radio, that shows up in the projection as well. I will try and get a picture of it to show you guys.

Now the paint looks good, the clear coat is decent but it needs the Adam's touch. I already have some pads on the way, and I am buying a PC and plan to get rid of all these hard water stains and such. This is how the car looked (in the rain) after we brought it home from the dealer servicing and detailing.

We do not have any big plans for it, this will be a family car like I said. As of right now I already have it scheduled to go to the tint shop and get 15% or 20% all the way around and after that I will replace all the speakers and do a small stereo system with maybe a 10" or two.

sdfasdfasdf.jpg

HR033048.jpg

HR033047.jpg

HR033046.jpg

HPIM3054.jpg

HPIM3052.jpg

HPIM3049.jpg

I plan on taking plenty before and after pictures as I spend numerous hours to make this car look like its sitting in the middle of a showroom! Give me a week or two and I will have a whole lot of pictures to show off!

I have to say Pontiac has always been good to me.

My first car was a 1985 Pontiac 1000. This is not my car but I put up a picture since nobody ever knows what a Pontiac 1000 is.

ATT00002-3.jpg

As you can see it is basically a Chevette.

I had this baby for 6 years and it ran like a champ the whole time. I definitely gave it plenty of stress tests.

Not exactly a chick magnet but at least I was mobile.

I have to say Pontiac has always been good to me.

My first car was a 1985 Pontiac 1000. This is not my car but I put up a picture since nobody ever knows what a Pontiac 1000 is.

ATT00002-3.jpg

As you can see it is basically a Chevette.

I had this baby for 6 years and it ran like a champ the whole time. I definitely gave it plenty of stress tests.

Not exactly a chick magnet but at least I was mobile.

Yea, the J2000 guy's got all the tail. :lol::lol:

I had to retire my 97 Grand Prix because it was just spent. The paint still looked good thanks to Adams stuff, but it was rusting out from underneath. I can't complain because it had a little over 303,500 miles on it and it still got over 30 mpg when I would drive to Toledo on the turnpike. I loved that car with the heads up display and all. My new G8 is a step up from the Grand Prix. I have really liked the Pontiacs and my wifes 98 Olds Intrigue has the same drive train with over 150,000 miles on it. Hopefully you will have as much luck with your Grand Prix as I did.

Looks good! I'm on my first "Pontiac" and I use that term VERY loosely... lol

Looks like the headlights could use a bit of a buff, but overall it looks good IMO.

Chris

I had a 98 GTP and loved it. I would have bought another one if they would have changed the body style a bit when it was time to trade her in.

Great car for all needs. :2thumbs:

I have A 2001 Grand Prix GT. I have had it since 2002, very nice car.

I have a pic in the test section. Let me see if I can find some more.

sunsetGP.jpg

Edited by pgp

Looks good! I'm on my first "Pontiac" and I use that term VERY loosely... lol

Looks like the headlights could use a bit of a buff, but overall it looks good IMO.

Chris

Yep, It needs new lights, they have some cracks on the inside from the sun. I could save them to where the looked good, but one of the corner lights has some moisture and such in it as well. I plan on buying some back headlights / corner lights to match the car better.

Looks great Ty, what kind of speakers you going to throw in it ? I had Polk in my last truck and they sounded great :rockon:

Not sure yet...

The subs I have are MTX. Nothing special, just plain stuff that works good. It depends on if I put subs in it for the door speakers. If I do the subs, then probably some Rockford's since they have good mids and highs to balance out with the subs.