Customer Service 866.965.0400

PC7424 quick question

DCRANER

Question

Received my PC7424 today. I have the Adam's flexible pad base, and am I correct that that base has a built-in spacer washer, so I just spin that base onto the buffer holding the nut with the PC wrench? So, the spacer washer in the PC box I don't need?

Also, shall I put a dab of medium strength Loc-Tite on the threads?

Thanks.

22 answers to this question

I asked this question yesterday you either add bothe the plastic washer and the metal or you just add the metal. I put both on and tighten the crap out of it. there is no need for locktite because the nut with the thread in the pc are free floatine so it can not come lose unless you put the wrench on the nut and lossen it. HOpe this works and you have any more questions ask.

I don't know if I'm right or wrong on this, but I've always used both washers on the PC, and have spent hundreds of hours on one with no issues.

And as mentioned, there is no need for Loc-Tite, just tighten her down.

Now get out to the garage and use that new toy :pc::pc:

You'll love it :thumbsup:

Gotta go to Sears and buy bright lights / stand to see swirl marks. C6Bill insists my new Vette has them, even though he has not seen the car in person. :jester:

So, I'm on it as soon as I can. :pc:

Gotta go to Sears and buy bright lights / stand to see swirl marks. C6Bill insists my new Vette has them, even though he has not seen the car in person. :jester:

If you've touched or driven the car I guarantee you have some :help:

The halogen lights are VERY REVEALING. Get ready for what you're probably gonna see - they show every little surface swirl and or scratch and or blem. But the good news is that you can remove a lot, maybe all, of what you will see under the halogen lights. And THEN when it is out in the sun, it will look great.

The halogen lights are VERY REVEALING. Get ready for what you're probably gonna see - they show every little surface swirl and or scratch and or blem. But the good news is that you can remove a lot, maybe all, of what you will see under the halogen lights. And THEN when it is out in the sun, it will look great.

Holy thread resurrection Doug! :lolsmack: