Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailer's Tool Belt

How 'bout a detailer's belt along the lines of a tool belt? It would have holsters (loops, whatever is best for the design) to hold a couple bottles upside down (as in Polish, not spray bottles). Definitely a holster dedicated for a bottle of detail spray! Some way to hold a couple towels\polishing cloth. A loop or two to help hold that PC cable away from the vehicle. Oh, and designed so that the front will not create swirls or scratches if it touches the vehicle.

I hope I'm not repeating someone else's idea here. I did a couple searches and did not find anything.

there was a detailing apron a while back with pouches in the front for holding bottles... not sure how you could make a belt that would be strong enough to hold bottles of product, but still be made of something soft like microfiber so it wouldn't hurt things if it touched the paint.

I have one of the old black aprons. I don't use it to much though. The pockets hold both spray bottles and the polish bottles. The problem, is if you have a spray bottle in the pockets, it sticks out and if you are not careful, you can come in contact with the car and possibly case some damage to teh finish.

I'd think you'd need suspenders to hold it up because of the weight! Why not get one of Adam's buckets and a wheel caddy and put all your detailing supplies in it. All you have to do is roll it around. :2thumbs:

And if you're too lazy to bend over to roll it, tie a piece of rope on the handle and tie the other end to your belt.:lol:

I thought about suspenders but I don't think it would need to be that heavy. I'm thinking of something that holds just enough product for one step and then switch out the product for the next step.

I was thinking something more along the lines of what Ray suggested: a strong belt with a MF covering on the front. All the holders are on the sides and/or back as long as they're within reach.

Why not a cart? Well, my driveway is gravel (at least for now). Not too happy 'bout it but that's what I've got to deal with for the time being. A cart is not a bad idea (on a normal driveway) but probably a little more cumbersome than necessary. Again, you don't need to cart all your product around the car. And you're running the risk of ramming the car with the cart. That probably doesn't happen much if you're careful but it's possible.

I have used a DIY store nail apron with the pouches positioned on my side or on my back, but it didn't work as will as I thought it would. Now if I'm doing correction or waxing I keep my rolling stool nearby and put the product on that.

Something we did the other day when there were 2 of us working one a boat with only one bottle of product - put a big glob of product on an applicator sponge and 'dip' the pad on the sponge when I needed more product.

Just my opinion but I don't see the need for upside down bottles. You have to shake the polish/wax anyway so?

After doing 4 vehicle with the Buttery wax, and 2 coats on one of them because it sits outside year round my bottle is between 3/4 and 1/2 full. When I need some I have to shake down to the top, where with an upside down bottle just a squeeze would do it. Yes, I shake it up before I use it, but not everytime I need to put some on the applicator.