mc2hill

How do you 'dress' the bottom of the tire  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How do you 'dress' the bottom of the tire

• Work the sponge/applicator to cover the area
    • Move the vehicle/tire to the reveal 'undressed' area
    • Other

Question

Ok, I know almost everyone applies VRT to their tire (I have the new Pro Tire Sponge and it works great ).

My question is how to you get the VRT all around the tire? Do you work the sponge on the bottom of the tire OR do you move the car reveal the 'undressed' area of the tire?

Since I am a bit lazy, I put my car on my lift and pick it up when washing. I leave it low when wasing upper areas and as I move to lower areas and wheels and tires I raise it to a comforatble working height. So when I do the tires it is VERY easy to get them all around.

I do the same thing with my lift :jester:

Since I am a bit lazy, I put my car on my lift and pick it up when washing. I leave it low when wasing upper areas and as I move to lower areas and wheels and tires I raise it to a comforatble working height. So when I do the tires it is VERY easy to get them all around.

That is awesome!

What kind of lift do you have?

That doesn't seem fair! :jester:

i used diluted vrt in a spray bottle and spray it all around the tire, then go back with the my pro tire sponge and wipe it all in and use a little non diluted vrt, dont have to move it now

I may have to try this. I already have the diluted VRT for under the hood.

I have a particular sponge that I only use for the tires and I just work it around the bottom of the tire -- I'm not so anal that I bother moving the car just to get that last little bit.

:iagree: on my DD i just work it around, if i was detailing a costumer car i'll move it to make sure it's all done right.

Archived