Customer Service 866.965.0400

What'd ya get for X-Mas?!

JJ1o87

Why not have a thread where everyone gets together and talks about what they got for Christmas by their loved ones? I'll start: the parentals gave the Hotchkis Sport Sway Bar and Lowering Springs set. The gf gave me a Hurst Shifter. :banana:

Can't wait to install the sways/springs. Bring on the road course... :burnout:

photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted Images

From my in-laws:

Nikon D90 body

18-200VR II Nikkor lens (the new one!!)

70-300VR Nikkor lens

32GB Ultra II SD Cards

Any photography buffs in the audience will know this was one hell of a big present... obviously I am the favorite son in law :D

My old Nikon D70 outfit will be up for sale soon if anyone is interested.

From my parents:

Cash and gift cards, a couple mini-kegs of some German import beers that I love, and some LA Angeles mugs.

Grandma:

A good sized check. :banana:

From the wife and boy:

32gb Ipod Touch and some accessories, gift card to home depot, and a new tq wrench set (ft lbs and inch lbs)

Gotta admit that the larger gifts like the camera gear from the inlaws makes me a tad uncomfortable. I really appreciate it, but I hate it when people spend so much on xmas... I'd have been happy with a couple of bucks or a gift card to go to a movie.

I got a bunch of tommy bahama shirts. I told her not to buy anything but then when to women listen?

Dylan, nice equipment. It's not canon but still nice. :D how many SD cards did you get? i have a 12Gb and in my 1D and i never fill it up. haha

I got a bunch of tommy bahama shirts. I told her not to buy anything but then when to women listen?

Dylan, nice equipment. It's not canon but still nice. :D how many SD cards did you get? i have a 12Gb and in my 1D and i never fill it up. haha

Nikon or nothing IMO... have fun with your toy camera :jester:

I got two 32gb cards... way more than I'll ever need for raw format images, but since the D90 shoots 720p/1080i HD video as well I'm sure I'll put that memory to good use.

the in laws got me a 150 or so piece tool set. my parents got me boxers and socks...i refused to buy new ones even though the ones i have have holes in them lol. they also got me the interior detail kit and a set of craftsmen ratcheting wrenches. my fiance got me a new belt and wallet. my brother and sister in law got me a $25 gift card to Adam's and a few things to cook with. i got myself the $100 gift card for $79 last night lol. it was my first christmas where my son understood the whole Santa thing so it was really exciting to play Santa for the first time....made cookies, wrote a note, and left out carrots for the raindeer....cant wait til next year :D

My wife and I didn't exchange gifts in the traditional sense. Back in November we made reservations in Key West for a week in March and that was our gift to each other. We have been in the past but didn't do all the things that we wanted to. This time it is going to be a trip to the Dry Tortugas and charter a boat for some fishing in addition to the Duval Crawl. Can't wait.

Well Santa came out this year.

Parents

SHirts, ties, and pants for school(Stupid Dress code :mad:)

HEllA driving Lights

14000 Pro comp pre runner light bar

Cash

Browning stuff for my truck.

And i bought myself a new set of headlights and adams will be getting a order.

Nikon or nothing IMO... have fun with your toy camera :jester:

I got two 32gb cards... way more than I'll ever need for raw format images, but since the D90 shoots 720p/1080i HD video as well I'm sure I'll put that memory to good use.

It's ok, I can't expect a TBSS guy to understand "performance." :lolsmack:

I didn't think about the video part. I have regular video camera for video and I really never even use it. I have thought about replacing my 20D with the new 7D eventually so maybe then I'd get a bigger memory card.

A jetstream blue Corvette ZR1 from the wife.

A new Vette shirt

$150 gift card for Lowes from the daughter

Hotel for three days in Ocean City Md for Cruise In in May and my Carlisle registration from the son.

Been a good Christmas this year.

Oh yeah, the ZR1 is remote control. Darn it. :lolsmack:

Polishing kit from adams complete with Orbital Polisher, an outdoor fire pit, a hanging shopvac, and a leaf blower :D. Also got a $100 gift card to Lowes, a $15 gift card to best buy, some dvds, car wash bucket with grit guard, window cleaning wand Lots of little stuff too :D Great Christmas considering first since 2006 being home

You'll love that new 18-200 VRII

I've had it for a couple of weeks and love it !!!!

Just in the day I've been playing with it I can see the improvement over the last generation 18-200 lens. Image stability seems much greater and there isn't that lower lens drop out I would get when shooting at steep angles.

Just in the day I've been playing with it I can see the improvement over the last generation 18-200 lens. Image stability seems much greater and there isn't that lower lens drop out I would get when shooting at steep angles.

You should add the 50 MM 1.8 too, it takes great portraits :2thumbs:

Unless you cut the top of their heads off :o

web.jpg?ver=12617920660001

Archived