Customer Service 866.965.0400

As much as I appreciate the cost savings

Can we please go back to UPS? I'm more than willing to pay the extra $2 to have a carrier who can tell me where my package is when I put in the tracking number. My wheel and tire kit was supposed to be delivered today but everytime I try to look at where it is all I get is that it left CO.

UPS!!!

edit: or at least have an option for UPS? or did Adams' sign a big contract with FedEx?

Can we please go back to UPS? I'm more than willing to pay the extra $2 to have a carrier who can tell me where my package is when I put in the tracking number. My wheel and tire kit was supposed to be delivered today but everytime I try to look at where it is all I get is that it left CO.

UPS!!!

edit: or at least have an option for UPS? or did Adams' sign a big contract with FedEx?

UPS caused THOUSANDS of dollars in damage to product on a monthly basis as well as charged a lot more to deliver, often late and soggy boxes. You are probably the first person I've ever heard complain about a change from UPS to FedEx... even for my personal stuff.... I've had entire suspension kits stolen by UPS drivers, gauges smashed into oblivion, a set of tail lights looked like they were kicked from the shipper to my house. The list goes on and on... for just personal items I think I've made thousands of dollars in claims alone. On the flipside i don't think I've ever had a package go missing or get damaged by fedex.

I've never had either company lose or damage anything of mine. That part has never been a problem. Although this could be a first as I still don't know where my package is.

Tell Adam I'll take responsibility for any lost or damaged stuff and I'll let him borrow my Jeep for a weekend. :D

In Texas Fedex must just be different, they suck beyond belief here (ground service, their air is awesome). I have had several packages lost with no resolution and any time I have had an order come in with multiple boxes they are NEVER on the same day. The second box can sometimes take 2 days longer to get here. Explain that one to me.

UPS on the other hand has never given me any problems and I mail order everything I buy and we ship 10-20 packages a day with our company and rarely have problems. :confused:

Either way, as long as my packages are insured when it is shipped it is fine and I always enjoy saving a few dollars.

I still like the idea of having a choice, I think it should be up to us who we want to ship our products that we buy. I would also like to see USPS Priority added. I am not going to lose any sleep over who ships my packages though, as long as I get them I am happy :thumbsup:

Instead of complaining to Adam about his choice of cost saving shippers, why not complain to Fed Ex about their lousy tracking system? Seems to me that's where the real problem is. :willy:

Instead of complaining to Adam about his choice of cost saving shippers, why not complain to Fed Ex about their lousy tracking system? Seems to me that's where the real problem is. :willy:

wow, you're SO smart. I hadn't thought of that. sheeesh.

I did. except FedEx isn't Adams, so when I complain to someone on the phone who is 40,000 times removed from anyone who can even remotely make a change to their procedures I get nothing from this person except "yeah, it should be more updated".

next idea?

oh, and that saturday delivery would have been great, if they had actually delivered it on Saturday like they were supposed to.

Edit:

anyone know if the dealers can accept the Adam's gift cards? If so I will just order from Elite like I did before. He lives here in FLA.

wow, you're SO smart. I hadn't thought of that. sheeesh.

I know I'm smart. I'm told that all the time. Although sometimes it comes with a$$ after the smart part. :jester:

I did. except FedEx isn't Adams, so when I complain to someone on the phone who is 40,000 times removed from anyone who can even remotely make a change to their procedures I get nothing from this person except "yeah, it should be more updated".

In other words, they don't give a crap.

next idea?

Ask nicely next time.

oh, and that saturday delivery would have been great, if they had actually delivered it on Saturday like they were supposed to.

Must just be your area, because it doesn't seem to be that way anywhere else.

Edit:

anyone know if the dealers can accept the Adam's gift cards? If so I will just order from Elite like I did before. He lives here in FLA.

No. But then again you could always just call Elite and ask them. But I'm still guessing no, because Adam's was already paid for the gift cards, so how would Elite paid for the products they're sending you?

Bottom line is that we've all had experiences good and bad with all three shippers. UPS busts up my packages, Fed Ex has delivered my stuff a block away four times already, and USPS is just too darn slow.

Nothing is going to be perfect. Fed Ex is less expensive and damages less merchandise, therefore it's more cost effective all the way around. It definitely wouldn't be cost effective for Adam to have to have UPS stop every day for pickup for two or three packages, or have to run to the post office for the one guy who wants his stuff that way. It's just common sense to have one carrier, and it's Fed Ex. If we didn't have computers to check on our shipments, we'd just have to do like the "old days" and WAIT till it comes!

actually in the old days I'd call them and give them te tracking number (UPS) and they'd tell me "at 3:34pm on Friday January 14th 1986 your package was on the truck out of the local delivery point on it's way to your house".

I got that same thing when I shipped my mom a package on Christmas eve.

FedEx however even when I called them all they could tel me is that it left henderson, CO. HAHA, thanks, that really helps. How about telling me where it is NOW, not where it was on December 30th (4 days ago).

and no, they DON'T give a crap because all they want is our money and that's it. If they were like Adam's then I'd have the cell phone number to the CEO of FedEx and i'd be able to call him up and say "yo, where's my package?" and he'd find it for me and also correct the lack of tracking on their tracking in about 30 minutes.

Archived