Customer Service 866.965.0400

Spray-On Car Wash

seibert1814

Question

Jason, are you familiar with this product from Griot's Garage?? Do you have anything similar?? We do a lot of road trips and something like this would be great when it is hard to find a car wash and you are just looking to get rid of some heavy road grime......

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=infoTabOn id=tab_01 onclick="setActiveTab('tab_01')" vAlign=top>tablabel_02_on.gif</TD><TD class=infoTabSpacer style="WIDTH: 100%">spacer01.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=infoTabSpacer>spacer01.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=infoTabContent style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top colSpan=2 height=150><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=default>Use Spray-On Car Wash to clean all surfaces of your vehicle such as paint, glass, fiberglass, vinyl, plastic (be very gentle when cleaning dirty plastic as it scratches easily), wheels, and rubber trim. You may use this cleaner on a wet or dry surface. The lubricious emulsions work to loosen and dissolve dirt, oil, greases, bird droppings and grime. In order to reduce the possibility of inducing scratches while cleaning it is important to follow these easy steps. Be especially careful on surfaces coated with mud, sand and soil.

1. Work from the top down, saving the dirtiest portions of your vehicle for last. Work in small sections and do not allow product to dry on the vehicle. Wipe in a side-to-side motion and not in circles. Fold our soft micro fiber cloth into quarters. Spray a small amount onto the cloth and then spray a small section of your vehicle, coating the surface with a moderate quantity of Spray-On Car Wash. An extra spray on bird droppings is a good idea. Give the product 15 seconds to sit on the surface to lift the dirt before removing.
  2. Using our soft micro fiber cloth wipe the area very gently in one direction to remove the dirt using a wipe & lift motion. Turn the cloth frequently. Apply more Spray-On Car Wash if necessary. It is very important to be very gentle and not bear down with the first few wipes while removing the majority of surface dirt.
  3. Using a second, clean micro fiber cloth, lightly buff any remaining product from the surface. If necessary a light misting and buffing will bring out a nice shine. Turn your cloth frequently and always use a clean side of the cloth for the final buff.
  4. As your micro fiber cloth gets soiled, replace it with a new one and as often as necessary. Depending on how dirty your vehicle is, 3 to 4 cloths will be necessary. Micro fiber is machine washable for many years of use.
  5. You can follow up with our Paint Cleaning Clay, polishes, waxes or Sealants for a full detail.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

23 answers to this question

Jason, are you familiar with this product from Griot's Garage?? Do you have anything similar?? We do a lot of road trips and something like this would be great when it is hard to find a car wash and you are just looking to get rid of some heavy road grime......

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="infoTabOn" id="tab_01" onclick="setActiveTab('tab_01')" valign="top">tablabel_02_on.gif</td><td class="infoTabSpacer" style="width: 100%;">spacer01.gif</td></tr></tbody></table></td><td class="infoTabSpacer">spacer01.gif</td></tr><tr><td class="infoTabContent" style="padding: 10px;" colspan="2" valign="top" height="150"><table width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="default">Use Spray-On Car Wash to clean all surfaces of your vehicle such as paint, glass, fiberglass, vinyl, plastic (be very gentle when cleaning dirty plastic as it scratches easily), wheels, and rubber trim. You may use this cleaner on a wet or dry surface. The lubricious emulsions work to loosen and dissolve dirt, oil, greases, bird droppings and grime. In order to reduce the possibility of inducing scratches while cleaning it is important to follow these easy steps. Be especially careful on surfaces coated with mud, sand and soil.

1. Work from the top down, saving the dirtiest portions of your vehicle for last. Work in small sections and do not allow product to dry on the vehicle. Wipe in a side-to-side motion and not in circles. Fold our soft micro fiber cloth into quarters. Spray a small amount onto the cloth and then spray a small section of your vehicle, coating the surface with a moderate quantity of Spray-On Car Wash. An extra spray on bird droppings is a good idea. Give the product 15 seconds to sit on the surface to lift the dirt before removing.
  2. Using our soft micro fiber cloth wipe the area very gently in one direction to remove the dirt using a wipe & lift motion. Turn the cloth frequently. Apply more Spray-On Car Wash if necessary. It is very important to be very gentle and not bear down with the first few wipes while removing the majority of surface dirt.
  3. Using a second, clean micro fiber cloth, lightly buff any remaining product from the surface. If necessary a light misting and buffing will bring out a nice shine. Turn your cloth frequently and always use a clean side of the cloth for the final buff.
  4. As your micro fiber cloth gets soiled, replace it with a new one and as often as necessary. Depending on how dirty your vehicle is, 3 to 4 cloths will be necessary. Micro fiber is machine washable for many years of use.
  5. You can follow up with our Paint Cleaning Clay, polishes, waxes or Sealants for a full detail.

</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tbody></table>

yes they do, its their detail spray. just spray it on and wipe it off, hot or cold. the nice thing is you wont need 3 or 4 clothes, just one blue MF towel.:cheers:

they also have a clay bar, fine machine polish or revive polish, buttery wax and super machine wax.

hope i helped

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=infoTabOn id=tab_01 onclick="setActiveTab('tab_01')" vAlign=top>tablabel_02_on.gif</TD><TD class=infoTabSpacer style="WIDTH: 100%">spacer01.gif</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD class=infoTabSpacer>spacer01.gif</TD></TR><TR><TD class=infoTabContent style="PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 10px" vAlign=top colSpan=2 height=150><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=default>Use Spray-On Car Wash to clean all surfaces of your vehicle such as paint, glass, fiberglass, vinyl, plastic (be very gentle when cleaning dirty plastic as it scratches easily), wheels, and rubber trim. You may use this cleaner on a wet or dry surface. The lubricious emulsions work to loosen and dissolve dirt, oil, greases, bird droppings and grime. In order to reduce the possibility of inducing scratches while cleaning it is important to follow these easy steps. Be especially careful on surfaces coated with mud, sand and soil.

This sounds a lot like that Dri Wash 'N Guard stuff I used to see. Spray it on even a dirty car (supposedly), and wipe it off.

yes they do, its their detail spray. just spray it on and wipe it off, hot or cold. the nice thing is you wont need 3 or 4 clothes, just one blue MF towel.:cheers:

they also have a clay bar, fine machine polish or revive polish, buttery wax and super machine wax.

hope i helped

If anyone here has tried that product from Griot's, I'd love your thoughts. We are putting together a chemical that will be even more effective at dry-washing, only ours will work on a warm or cold surface, and wipe off clean without streaking.

I bought a bottle of Griot's Spray-On Car Wash at Hot August Nights, and tried it on my black truck, very dirty after a drive from Boulder.

Wasn't super impressed, but your input on what qualities you would like to have would be great!

Thanks in advance!:2thumbs:

Hi Adam

I have not tried theirs but I do use Optimum No Rinse and find it to be a real nice product. I would love to see you come out with a product like that :2thumbs:

Bill

I ordered a gallon of ONR after seeing a prior post of yours. I figure it will be something to help me doing winter washes. If it works as well as you say it does, then yes I would like to see Adam's come out with a similar(better!) product. I'd rather give them my money.

One thing that you should keep in mind when using a product like this is that it should only be used in very light dusty situations. It should NOT be used on a dirty car if you're trying to keep your ride swirl free. Using it on a dirty car with one towel will scratch the paint up something hideous. If your microfiber towel has very noticeable grit on it after one swipe, then your car is probably too dirty to use this product unless you use a bunch of towels to do the car, flipping it on every swipe to a clean section.

These type of products work best when used in a situation such as a garaged car in a relatively dust free environment. You may come out daily and do an entire wipe down. This will keep your baby looking showroom spotless.

Driving the car for a week or in the rain with bird bombs all over it is not the time to use these products. Remember, the more you rub on the paint, the more opportunities you open yourself up to scratches. The microfiber towels that Adam's offers or similar are the ONLY towels that should be used with a product like this. The crap they sell at the auto stores are no where near equal to the Adam's towels and will scratch your paint up (you can tell you've bought a crappy microfiber towel if the tag is sewn into the seam). They also do a lousy job spreading the product evenly without streaking. A lot of folks think that they are buying some quality towels when purchasing a bag of these things from the auto joints but I'm hear to tell you that you're wasting your money on them.

Click here to see the real McCoy. Your paint will love you for it. :2thumbs:

Hi Adam

I have not tried theirs but I do use Optimum No Rinse and find it to be a real nice product. I would love to see you come out with a product like that :2thumbs:

Bill

Glad to hear that Bill! I liked that product too, and there is certainly a calling for a product that allows one to wash without water, especially in municipalities that no longer allow car washing in the driveway!

Stay tuned . . . . . . . :2thumbs:

I've tried the Griots. I found that it really streaks and smears. I'll stick with the Adam's detail spray. Even when I drive the three hours to Carlisle, all I need is the detail spray and a clean micro and I'm good to go. Bugs.............all gone. :thumbsup:

I plan to use the ONR for the first time tomorrow based on Bill's recommendation. I guess there are a number of different things to consider. I like to be "green" where I can and using less water certainly helps in that regard. In the northeast we have a very cold winter so there is no option to get out the bucket and hose. Sounds like you folks have a number of irons in the fire, so to speak, and I look forward to what you come out with.

I plan to use the ONR for the first time tomorrow based on Bill's recommendation. I guess there are a number of different things to consider. I like to be "green" where I can and using less water certainly helps in that regard. In the northeast we have a very cold winter so there is no option to get out the bucket and hose. Sounds like you folks have a number of irons in the fire, so to speak, and I look forward to what you come out with.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the product, and experience using it Mike. Thanks in advance for your input!

Glad to hear that Bill! I liked that product too, and there is certainly a calling for a product that allows one to wash without water, especially in municipalities that no longer allow car washing in the driveway!

Stay tuned . . . . . . . :2thumbs:

Adam, I would rather buy fro you than anyone else and would love to see you guys come out with something like this.....

Adam, I would rather buy fro you than anyone else and would love to see you guys come out with something like this.....

Ah, my friend Steve from Hebron, KY! Still wear the shirt, and thanks again for that! Thanks also for your loyalty, and support of our little company. We are working withe the chemist who developed that product for Optimum, a fantastic gent, and we are creating a product to fulfill the demand, which will stand our 110% Guarantee to be the best product in existence.

Thanks, and I again appreciate your kindness and business!

Cheers, Adam:thumbsup:

Ah, my friend Steve from Hebron, KY! Still wear the shirt, and thanks again for that! Thanks also for your loyalty, and support of our little company. We are working withe the chemist who developed that product for Optimum, a fantastic gent, and we are creating a product to fulfill the demand, which will stand our 110% Guarantee to be the best product in existence.

Thanks, and I again appreciate your kindness and business!

Cheers, Adam:thumbsup:

Thanks, Adam. As you know, my Corvette is an everyday driver and in the winter it gets dirty very easily and is hard to clean in the cold weather. Something like this would be great for a guy like me. Take care of the shirt and just to ease your mind, all is well in Hebron, KY. Hope to see you at Bloomington Gold next summer........

Looking forward to your thoughts on the product, and experience using it Mike. Thanks in advance for your input!

Well I had the day off today, did a few things around the house and threw a quick detail on my Maxima. I changed it up a bit by using the ONR for the wash step. Here was the line up I used:

3039885412_ea09b66216_m.jpg

I started with a somewhat clean car. This product was purchased with the intent of using it for winter washing only. 2 caps of ONR into 2.5 gallons of warn water and this is what I got:

3039050147_198de14e7a_m.jpg

At this point I am used to the very sudsy Adam's car wash and I have a normal routing down. I have to admit that I was a bit hesitant about using this product. My process was to do one section at a time, using a microfiber washing mitt to apply and a waffle weave towel to remove. (Yeah, I know the mitt and drying towel are weak. The stuff I ordered from Adam's won't be here until Thursday.) Below is what a section looks like with the product applied prior to wipe off.

3039057633_766598353c_m.jpg

I even hit the wheels with ONR after letting a 50/50 solution of the All Purpose Cleaner dwell for about 60 seconds. After a bit I VRT'd the tires and gave the paint a nice coat of the Detail Spray. Here are my end results:

3039066805_da0a709d84_m.jpg

Over all I believe that the product worked well and I am happy with the result. The car is clean. I can see myself using this in cold temperatures, but that's about it. It was kind of weird using it. I am used to doing things a certain way so "washing" my car without dragging out the hose seemed a little strange for sure. I think that this process is something that I will need to get used to. The other thing I will do next time is to use the 2 bucket method. I have a grit guard in my bucket, but there was a bunch of floating leaf debris/junk in the bucket too.....so I am thinking a second bucket for a rinse is in order.

My last addition is a tool that I was turned onto by a friend:

3039899198_15bd7bd870_m.jpg

This glass cleaner, when used with the Adam's glass cleaner, is fantastic! I used it on the exterior today but it really works well for interior glass.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know if there are any questions.

PS. If Adam's were to come out with a waterless wash type product I would certainly give it a go. Thanks. :D

Nice writeup Mike. I bought a gallon of this too, but have yet to use it. I'll get around to it one of these days.

Where did you purchase the window tool? Cleaning the windshield and the rear window on the inside of the vehicle are always a pain.

Good job Mike !!!!

If you ordered one of the Adam's wash pads you will not be disappointed, I used one for the first time this weekend and love it :thumbsup:

Not sure what it is made of but I had to wrestle it away from my Great Dane, he loves it too !!!!

Nice writeup Mike. I bought a gallon of this too, but have yet to use it. I'll get around to it one of these days.

Where did you purchase the window tool? Cleaning the windshield and the rear window on the inside of the vehicle are always a pain.

Thanks. I got it from a place called Autogeek. You can see the product here.

http://www.AutoGeek.net/glass-master-pro.html

It's pretty useful.

Hi Gang it is a fantastic product and I use quite abit .It is great to hear that Adam's maybe coming out with is own product of this type..I would defenitely be one of the first in line to purchase it. My process on a severly dirty car and wheels is that I mix a batch up in one of those chemical sprayers and use it as a pre soak then wash and dry as usual .It works fantastic.I too was apprehensive at first especially on a black car as we all know they show all marks immediately .This product performs flawlessly. I use a Genuinesheep skin mitt and dry with my Adam's waffle weave then the left over solution I use on the wheels with a dedicated microfiber mitt or towel and dry with also dedicated microfiber towel used for my wheels and door jambs.