Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to the detail world

19stang88

Question

I am new to this fourm. I recently got interested in detailing. I have a few question as a novice. I've heard many things about the PC 7424, like its basically impossible to burn the paint unless you're absolutely stupid! Do you guys recommend this polisher as a starter? Also, what kind of products work well to keep that nice reflection that are at costly. For example, removing swirl marks, mirco-scratches and so on. What is a good wax/ sealant, what is the difference, whats better. One last thing, about the pads for the polisher. What pads do you guys recommend. I appreciate any of the help given.

Thanks, David

20 answers to this question

Thats the beauty of the Adams line... the products match the pads!! If the "So simple even a caveman could do it" slogan wasn't already being used by Geico I'm sure it could be applied here.

Haha, i realized that once i watched a few videos.

Thanks! about the pads, I know there are different colors for different purposes. What color pad would i use for each product?

Thats the beauty of the Adams line... the products match the pads!! If the "So simple even a caveman could do it" slogan wasn't already being used by Geico I'm sure it could be applied here.

Now does it have to be Americana or can it be any carnuba paste wax that i can apply after 12 hours

ONLY AMERICANA, IF NOT THE WORD WILL CEASE TO SPIN AND EVERYHING WILL COME CRASHING DOWN AROUND YOU. :lolsmack:

You would be fine with any wax, but Americana is the the best.

Howdy , howdy from AlAbAmA , I'm new here too.

I will buy a PC soon and watch the Mr. Junkman videos. When the weather gets better I will give it a try.

We will have snow her Friday in South Alabama !!! can you believe that?

Have a good time here.

Dang!! Here in Oregon its raining and in 50 degree weather, i can't complain to much! I just checked out Mr. Junkman's videos, he is very informative, thanks for the suggestion.

machine super wax is a sealant, It offfers some of the best protection. American is a paste wax, it also offers great protection and a little more shine. Super wax is cheaper then americana as well, but for the best shine lay down MSW first then put a coat of americana on top.

So if I apply MSW as a bottom coat do I have to wait a certain period before I can apply the Americana as a top coat?

:welcomebanner: from Tennessee

I appreciate the greetings!

Thanks! and as for waxes/sealants. whats the difference, whats better

Welcome. Most of us here are getting best results with Americana top coat. That said, it doesn't hurt to have MSW as a base for the Americana. Lots of great information on fantastic products here.

Enjoy.

Bruce

machine super wax is a sealant, It offfers some of the best protection. American is a paste wax, it also offers great protection and a little more shine. Super wax is cheaper then americana as well, but for the best shine lay down MSW first then put a coat of americana on top.

The Adams products match the pad colors. Orange pad (swirl and haze remover), White pad (fine machine polish), Grey (machine super wax). The yellow pad would be used with swirl and haze remover and only for very intense paint correction.

Thanks! and as for waxes/sealants. whats the difference, whats better

Howdy , howdy from AlAbAmA , I'm new here too.

I will buy a PC soon and watch the Mr. Junkman videos. When the weather gets better I will give it a try.

We will have snow her Friday in South Alabama !!! can you believe that?

Have a good time here.

The Adams products match the pad colors. Orange pad (swirl and haze remover), White pad (fine machine polish), Grey (machine super wax). The yellow pad would be used with swirl and haze remover and only for very intense paint correction.

Welcome. The PC is perfect for a beginner. Check out the Junkmans Videos, and go to town. I would go with Adam's pads, swirl and Haze remover, fine machine polish, and either machine super wax or americana paste wax. Feel free to ask questions.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2386

Thanks! about the pads, I know there are different colors for different purposes. What color pad would i use for each product?

Archived