Customer Service 866.965.0400

We have a new G8 on the forum

GerryC

What's the deal with the remote start? The salesman made it seem so simple but I have been unable to get it to do it myself. I know you are supposed to press the lock button, then hold the start button for about 4 seconds, but nothing happens. I'm sure it's still enabled in the DIC since it worked at the dealer and I haven't disabled it.

I have to hold my button a little longer. It is a process that after you lock the doors and hold the button down you will see the running lights blink and then when it starts they will stay on. Try holding it down longer until you see the lights like I mentioned. I always gave up on it too early when I first got the car. I have read about short distances for the remote, but mine works a lot further away than I ever thought it would.

Right on Gerry! Whoever buys your Taurus will own the cleanest Taurus on earth. Lucky *******. :)

Any chance you are going to set sail in the new ride for New Alexandria for the Grabiak event this April? If not, how about the Spring Carlisle?

Love to shake hands, and see your new ride.

Congrats on the new wheels Gerry, and if we don't connect until the Corvette Show, I'll high-5 you there.:banana:

Corvettes definitely. Spring Carlisle and Grabiak are the same week, so I can either do both or neither. They're 5 and 7 hours away respectively, so it really depends on what's going on with school that week.

Corvettes definitely. Spring Carlisle and Grabiak are the same week, so I can either do both or neither. They're 5 and 7 hours away respectively, so it really depends on what's going on with school that week.

How is school going Gerry? How much longer will you be studying? Those are some looooong drives, and I hope to connect at least at the Corvette show my friend!:burnout:

Remote start works this way. Lock the car and immediately hold start button for 3 seconds and release.

Problem is... It's got the worlds shortest range. Maybe 50 feet at best. I use the remote to the chin move which does help extend the range.

Chris

Remote start works this way. Lock the car and immediately hold start button for 3 seconds and release.

Problem is... It's got the worlds shortest range. Maybe 50 feet at best. I use the remote to the chin move which does help extend the range.

Chris

I got it to work, thanks. Too bad I didn't get this car last month so I could use the remote start and heated seats..

Listen to me, I want to use my car in the winter, I've gone crazy :lolsmack:

I got it to work, thanks. Too bad I didn't get this car last month so I could use the remote start and heated seats..

Listen to me, I want to use my car in the winter, I've gone crazy :lolsmack:

Unfortunately the seats don't work with RS. They don't lock on so they reset when you turn off the ignition. Under a certain temp however the rear defrost runs and the heat of course runs when RS'd.

Chris

Gm's remote starts are nice. When its cold the heater turns on and when its hot the AC kicks on, pretty nice!

And it will turn on the heated seats if it's cold out, at least it does in my truck, never tried it in the vette :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And it will turn on the heated seats if it's cold out, at least it does in my truck, never tried it in the vette :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yep... Not the G8. The switch isn't on or off. You push it once, twice, three times for different levels or 4 times from on to off. Turn the ignition off and it turns off and won't come back on until YOU hit the button again.

Chris

Archived