Customer Service 866.965.0400

We have a new G8 on the forum

GerryC

Mine :D

My Taurus recently hit 78,500 miles and I've decided to push it aside after 16 years of faithful service to my family, and came home with one of only 3 G8's that I had found for sale in Connecticut

g81.jpg

g82.jpg

I'm leaving the Taurus at my grandfather's house with the Corvette, and once we have some warmer says (today was very nice but I was obviously busy!) I'll give it another complete detail and try to squeeze as much coin out of it as possible. Finding a 2nd-generation Taurus with such low mileage and in such good condition would be as hard as finding another G8 :jester:

Of course it has the dealer-installed swirl marks (at least they didn't charge me for those too!) and one tiny paint chip on the driver's side A pillar but other than that the car is flawless. It's a 2009 with 11,000 miles, fully loaded. Someone from the dealer is supposed to come down on Saturday morning and give me my license plates.

Pictures will definitely come once I Adamize it :pc:

Mine :D

My Taurus recently hit 78,500 miles and I've decided to push it aside after 16 years of faithful service to my family

Come on Gerry......Why did you give up on faithful? You still had alot of miles left on that car. Family members that have had them in my family have put over 250,000 miles on them without any trouble. You must not drive no where that is ~ 4,900 miles a year.

Come on Gerry......Why did you give up on faithful? You still had alot of miles left on that car. Family members that have had them in my family have put over 250,000 miles on them without any trouble. You must not drive no where that is ~ 4,900 miles a year.

It was originally my mother's, she got it new in 94 and gave it to me in 05 when I got my license. I've put more on in 5 years than she did in 11.

The transmission has been acting peculiar lately though, I had it tuned up then decided it wasn't worth putting more money into it (starter last year, head gasket the year before), and I didn't want to pass up on the opportunity to grab this G8.

The Taurus is very good at driving in snow, and I toyed with the idea of keeping it stashed in the garage next to the vette until winter to keep the G8 safe from sand and salt, but 2 cars is already enough for me, I don't need 3. I haven't made any final decisions on it yet though.

All these g8's are starting to make me think they might not be to bad a car. I know my wofe always points them out when we see one and loves them. I am going to be in the market for a newer car this next year might have to check one out. I wouldnt mind having one of the 6speed cars

I've only seen at most 4 other G8's on the road around here in the past 18 months, and I don't think I've seen the same one twice, so I don't know where they all are

That is what I like about both of my Black Pontiac's, you don't see that many.:glasses:

Gerry you will love your G8. One thing that you SERIOSLY want to consider for it is a tune. I did the Cortex because I hated the shifting of the transmission. It really woke up the car and I am not one looking for every horsepower like some so it did fine. I also can turn off the DOD or AFM or 4 cylinder mode which ever you prefer. With after market mufflers it was annoying. I also find it difficult to believe that the engine switching in and out of 4 cylinder mode 100 times back and forth to work is good for it over the long haul. I had to retire my 97 Grand Prix when I got my G8 but it had over 303,000 miles on it. Congrats on the G8 and I think you will love the decision. There are certainly a number of guys on here that have them.

Gerry you will love your G8. One thing that you SERIOSLY want to consider for it is a tune. I did the Cortex because I hated the shifting of the transmission. It really woke up the car and I am not one looking for every horsepower like some so it did fine. I also can turn off the DOD or AFM or 4 cylinder mode which ever you prefer. With after market mufflers it was annoying. I also find it difficult to believe that the engine switching in and out of 4 cylinder mode 100 times back and forth to work is good for it over the long haul. I had to retire my 97 Grand Prix when I got my G8 but it had over 303,000 miles on it. Congrats on the G8 and I think you will love the decision. There are certainly a number of guys on here that have them.

It's a V6...

Not sure there's a tune for them...

CAI for sure...

Archived