Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone in your house share the passion

694doorbird

Question

We are all on this forum because we like to have our vehicles looking the best they can. Here's something that I've been thinking about the last couple days.

Does your Wife/GF/Husband/BF/Children have the same passion?

My wife enjoys it when her Charger is clean and shiny. Especially when she get compliments from her co-workers. However, she doesn't wash it and sometimes think that I go overboard. She does like it when the garage smells like coconut after a WW treatment. As far as the children, they have no passion for a clean car.

not my wife... she enjoys a clean car and the compliments. she likes the fact that she knows where I am / what I'm doing / where my money goes and I'm out of her hair while shes doing her grad school homework ( Darth Emma can appreciate this - teachers are a funny bunch).

Nope. My wife would wash it, but that's it. I do the rest. More so now that she won't go the automatic car wash. She likes my foam gun results. lol. Blasted foam gun...

The kids like to help for maybe 5 minutes, then they are off playing somewhere else on the property. That's cool though. At least they start out there with me... They do wash and detail their bicycles and their 4 wheeler. That's all I can ask of them at this point.

I'm the only one in this house...maybe in the whole town. People talk about me. :lolsmack:

My wife loves her car clean, but she leaves it to me to keep it that way. Which is quite alright with me. As soon as we get home from a trip she will help me clear everything out. She has also offered my 'services' to others. Me, I love to keep the vehicles clean.

Unfortunately, none of my kids have inherited the sickness. Their cars need a shovel to clean them out. The one daughter, when she knows we are going to be riding in her car, will clean out the majority of the junk. They all enjoy the nice clean vehicles, when they come to visit and I break out the Adams.

Right now I'm the only one. But it's getting addicting. I recently done my wife's Accord and it turned out great. She has actually asked for a bottle of Detail Spray and one of those "pretty fuzzy rags" (ie, Blue Microfiber Towel) to carry in her car so that she can wipe it down through out the day. She's even been offering my "Services" to her friends and co-workers. I don't know if she really likes the work I did on her Accord or if she just wants to get me out of the house???? Doesn't matter to me, I'm having fun doing it!

When I met my wife she was driving a POS Saturn that was looking pretty shabby so I asked her if she'd ever waxed it or anything. What she said next made me laugh my (you know what) off...

"Sure... Every time I wash it I pay extra for the hot wax!" lol

Soooo... NOPE! She loves a clean car but DOES NOT clean them.

Chris

I have seen my wife wash a car maybe 1 or 2 times in the 5-6 yrs I have know her. She hates doing it but glad I love doing and occasionally gets mad because I take so long. My neighbors probably thingk I am crazy between washing at night sometimes, 40 degree weather, and even sometimes when I know it going to rain I wash it just to make it cleaner than it was.:willy:

My wife doesn't seem to care how clean or dirty her car gets. Her primary car was totalled (tree fell on it - she wasn't in it). So, they paid off her car and now she is driving my second car. So, now she is more careful. But ordinarily, she just let's trash build up. But, there is one thing for sure, she won't wash her car.

Not only am I the only one in my house that details cars,(of course, only my wife and I live here since my son and daughter have been out of the house for years) but I am the only one in my whole neighborhood why really details their cars. I have one neighbor that washes their cars but in the 5 years I have lived in my house, I have yet to see a neighbor wax their car. I've even given wax to some neighbors and tried to talk them into using it but they never do. I can't understand some people.........

Sounds like my neighbors. My wife takes care of the interiors, and I take care of the exteriors.

Not only am I the only one in my house that details cars,(of course, only my wife and I live here since my son and daughter have been out of the house for years) but I am the only one in my whole neighborhood why really details their cars. I have one neighbor that washes their cars but in the 5 years I have lived in my house, I have yet to see a neighbor wax their car. I've even given wax to some neighbors and tried to talk them into using it but they never do. I can't understand some people.........

I've had the same experience.

I'm the only one in my house that does it. I truly enjoy it, it keeps me sane. My Dad (whom does not live with me) instilled in me a passion for owning nice vehicles and taking care of them. My Mom and my Wife call it a illness, I call it pure relaxation.

I often get friends and family bringing me their cars to work on in my spare time.. As long as they bring some beer all is well...

I wash and wax my car myself , my wife like to watch and bring me coffee or a beer:)

But today , my wife washed her dads truck ! Truck was real dirty , needed washed twice to get it nice and shiny.She loves that Adams soap smell !!!

I think my wife is jealous! She calls my cars my girlfriends. But at least she knows where to find me. She hasn't washed or touched a car in 17 years. As long as we've been together. However, she does appreciate a detailed car. And enjoys the compliments.

The kids on the other hand, 10 and 12 are indifferent. They love the cars but help very little. Guess they take after their mom... :lolsmack:

Archived