Customer Service 866.965.0400

Anyone in your house share the passion

694doorbird

Question

We are all on this forum because we like to have our vehicles looking the best they can. Here's something that I've been thinking about the last couple days.

Does your Wife/GF/Husband/BF/Children have the same passion?

My wife enjoys it when her Charger is clean and shiny. Especially when she get compliments from her co-workers. However, she doesn't wash it and sometimes think that I go overboard. She does like it when the garage smells like coconut after a WW treatment. As far as the children, they have no passion for a clean car.

nope im the only one, im only 19 so i still live at home but my parents or my sisters dont like cleaning there vehicles to what us members think is clean. my dad likes to wash his truck lots, so as long as it looks clean its fine with him.

My wife is as big an addict as me. She reads this forum faithfully and is always asking me "what's this for" and "how does this work" and "should we be doing what this guy says". It's annoying!! :lolsmack:

Hahahaha! That's a joke! My husband has an Accord that he bought new in 1996. It has 266,000 miles on it. He has never cleaned it. He lost his cookies in is a couple of years ago and I told him I won't ride in it again until he cleans that up. He' getting a new car next week, so maybe I can ride in his car again after that.

This thread is hilarious to me!

My wife loves it when the cars are spotless but cant get here to wipe them down,she tells me thats my job lol. But when her truck is dirty watch out she isnt a happy camper and is on me about when will i detail it lol

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I think my wife is jealous! She calls my cars my girlfriends. But at least she knows where to find me. She hasn't washed or touched a car in 17 years. As long as we've been together. However, she does appreciate a detailed car. And enjoys the compliments.

The kids on the other hand, 10 and 12 are indifferent. They love the cars but help very little. Guess they take after their mom... :lolsmack:

Not only am I the only one in my house that details cars,(of course, only my wife and I live here since my son and daughter have been out of the house for years) but I am the only one in my whole neighborhood why really details their cars. I have one neighbor that washes their cars but in the 5 years I have lived in my house, I have yet to see a neighbor wax their car. I've even given wax to some neighbors and tried to talk them into using it but they never do. I can't understand some people.........

I wash and wax my car myself , my wife like to watch and bring me coffee or a beer:)

But today , my wife washed her dads truck ! Truck was real dirty , needed washed twice to get it nice and shiny.She loves that Adams soap smell !!!

Not only am I the only one in my house that details cars,(of course, only my wife and I live here since my son and daughter have been out of the house for years) but I am the only one in my whole neighborhood why really details their cars. I have one neighbor that washes their cars but in the 5 years I have lived in my house, I have yet to see a neighbor wax their car. I've even given wax to some neighbors and tried to talk them into using it but they never do. I can't understand some people.........

I've had the same experience.

I'm the only one in my house that does it. I truly enjoy it, it keeps me sane. My Dad (whom does not live with me) instilled in me a passion for owning nice vehicles and taking care of them. My Mom and my Wife call it a illness, I call it pure relaxation.

I often get friends and family bringing me their cars to work on in my spare time.. As long as they bring some beer all is well...

Sounds like my neighbors. My wife takes care of the interiors, and I take care of the exteriors.

My wife doesn't seem to care how clean or dirty her car gets. Her primary car was totalled (tree fell on it - she wasn't in it). So, they paid off her car and now she is driving my second car. So, now she is more careful. But ordinarily, she just let's trash build up. But, there is one thing for sure, she won't wash her car.

I have seen my wife wash a car maybe 1 or 2 times in the 5-6 yrs I have know her. She hates doing it but glad I love doing and occasionally gets mad because I take so long. My neighbors probably thingk I am crazy between washing at night sometimes, 40 degree weather, and even sometimes when I know it going to rain I wash it just to make it cleaner than it was.:willy:

When I met my wife she was driving a POS Saturn that was looking pretty shabby so I asked her if she'd ever waxed it or anything. What she said next made me laugh my (you know what) off...

"Sure... Every time I wash it I pay extra for the hot wax!" lol

Soooo... NOPE! She loves a clean car but DOES NOT clean them.

Chris

Right now I'm the only one. But it's getting addicting. I recently done my wife's Accord and it turned out great. She has actually asked for a bottle of Detail Spray and one of those "pretty fuzzy rags" (ie, Blue Microfiber Towel) to carry in her car so that she can wipe it down through out the day. She's even been offering my "Services" to her friends and co-workers. I don't know if she really likes the work I did on her Accord or if she just wants to get me out of the house???? Doesn't matter to me, I'm having fun doing it!