Customer Service 866.965.0400

MarylandVette, scofflaw...

Marylander

I knew it was only a matter of time. Got pulled over this AM for not having a front plate on my car. (well, technically it was on my car but hidden under the plastic "Corvette" filler cover.) The officer was very cool and asked me how long it would take to make it visible; I told him 2 minutes, he told me to do it and let me off with a warning. Whew!

Guess that would be a crappy way to start the weekend.

I am glad you ended up not getting a ticket.

What is the purpose of a front plate anyway??? I am glad Michigan doesn't require it because I really don't like the way it looks.

So they can hit you with laser. Laser is infared, doesn't bounce off paint that well, so they aim for something shiny - your license plates.

So they can hit you with laser. Laser is infared, doesn't bounce off paint that well, so they aim for something shiny - your license plates.

Yea, too bad, too, because otherwise my Vette had a nice, hard-to-nail laser profile. Oh well.

NIce thing about Pa is that a municipality officer cannot run laser only state police can.

NIce thing about Pa is that a municipality officer cannot run laser only state police can.

Yeah, I've never once seen NYPD Highway Patrol use laser. I'm not sure about NY State Police, however. Thankfully I'm never in the boonies where I would run into them.

I had a cop pull up behind me at a rest station off the PA turnpike last night. He jumped out of his car and started walking towards me. I was thinking oh crap what did I do? Well turns out the cop used to have an 06 GTO and wanted to admire the G8. I got off lucky there. If you guys are worried about Laser on your front plates get some steel wool and take the reflection off. Or get a can of Veil. It goes on like a paint and blocks laser signals.

I heard that the police depts are cracking down on EVERYTHING now as they need more money...

I got gigged for window tint but he gave me three warnings for no front plate, rear plate cover, and tinted tails... I put the plate on the front and took the cover off the back.

The tint's staying put!

Chris

Archived