Customer Service 866.965.0400

QUICK RACK INTEREST LIST - gauging interest

What quick racks would you be interested in?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What quick racks would you be interested in?

I like both of them

btw on the side note.

A big Thank You to Dylan for taking care of my order :) awesome service. Got everything couple days ago. just need to pick my lazy butt up and start detailing my goat:lolsmack:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put me down for both (for 100) I have been thinking of something like this and was going to start the design. So thanks for the work.

Any deal if i want 3 horizontal racks? That would be perfect.

When do we pay and when do they get shipped.

I think you guys need to work on bringing the price down. $45 for a horizontal rack really isn't a competitive price by any means. I'm not saying that Adam's is trying to gouge us but rather I think this rack is over engineered in terms of the thickness of the sheet metal used. It's holding spray bottles not blocks of lead. There is a functionally equivalent product out there from a big name company for 1/2 the price. It uses thinner sheet metal but does the job equally well and is also nicely finished, it's also wall mountable. Granted it holds 6 bottles vs Adam's 8, but I was able to get two (so 12 bottle holders) for slightly less than then price of a single Adam's rack. I would have much rather ordered from Adams but I couldn't justify the price difference.

I think you guys need to work on bringing the price down. $45 for a horizontal rack really isn't a competitive price by any means. I'm not saying that Adam's is trying to gouge us but rather I think this rack is over engineered in terms of the thickness of the sheet metal used. It's holding spray bottles not blocks of lead. There is a functionally equivalent product out there from a big name company for 1/2 the price. It uses thinner sheet metal but does the job equally well and is also nicely finished, it's also wall mountable. Granted it holds 6 bottles vs Adam's 8, but I was able to get two (so 12 bottle holders) for slightly less than then price of a single Adam's rack. I would have much rather ordered from Adams but I couldn't justify the price difference.

Is it made in America? That's a big deal for Adam. He wants to eliminate as many foreign products as possible.

I have some cheap 11 dollar spray can shelves that work great as well. They say "made in China" right on them.

No doubt these shelves could be made MUCH cheaper but where and would Adam want to put his name on them?

Adam is adamant (get it?:o) about quality.

Chris

Is it made in America? That's a big deal for Adam. He wants to eliminate as many foreign products as possible.

That's a good question and I don't know off the top of my head. In light of the company I would have to say 'yes' but I'd have to confirm that with them.

I'd be happy to take a picture of 3 of them mounted on my garage wall and post it here as a comparison (with company emblems blurred out). If that's not allowed I'd understand.

I have some cheap 11 dollar spray can shelves that work great as well. They say "made in China" right on them.

These were slightly more at $20 but I would not consider the quality cheap by any means.

No doubt these shelves could be made MUCH cheaper but where and would Adam want to put his name on them?

Adam is adamant (get it?:o) about quality.

Chris

Heh, yes I have come to expect high quality from Adam's products and others have too. I don't think anybody would complain about quality if he came out with a similar product at this price point. I know there is high demand for racks at this price point because the ones I purchased sold out for a full month the week after then were announced.

It's the made in America that costs so much.

I KNOW I could have some plasma cut and bent for less than Adam does but then powder coating them costs more too. I have a hookup on powder coating and they'd do it much cheaper if they were flat black or a color they spray every day.

The vertical one he has has some pretty good labor time into it. No doubt! The horizontal one is much less involved by the looks of it.

:iagree:

but as most engineers will tell you, it is better to over eningeer than under engineer. i use grade 8 bolts for everything i put together, not that it is needed, but it is just extra assurance.

who knows somebody might want to use the adam's rack to hold blocks of lead :D

:iagree:

but as most engineers will tell you, it is better to over eningeer than under engineer. i use grade 8 bolts for everything i put together, not that it is needed, but it is just extra assurance.

who knows somebody might want to use the adam's rack to hold blocks of lead :D

Hah, well speaking as one you're right I would say that but only when it comes to building things you cant afford to have break like a Satellite or a Fleet Ballistic Missile etc.

For a retail product such as this, most economists will tell you that you should engineer it to perform at the level that will allow you to set a price where the supply and demand curves meet. Right now Adam's is basically selling the mil-spec version of a spray bottle rack and unlike the government, we don't have the luxury of printing more cash to afford such things =)

Hah, well speaking as one you're right I would say that but only when it comes to building things you cant afford to have break like a Satellite or a Fleet Ballistic Missile etc.

For a retail product such as this, most economists will tell you that you should engineer it to perform at the level that will allow you to set a price where the supply and demand curves meet. Right now Adam's is basically selling the mil-spec version of a spray bottle rack and unlike the government, we don't have the luxury of printing more cash to afford such things =)

so i can't buy anymore adam's products with money from my inkjet? :lolsmack:

i'm using a 6-pack of beer box for my stuff right now.

Beer%20Six%20Pack.jpg

These racks are quility made not junk ! You get what you pay for. IMHO!:cheers:

My point is that quality is relative to the fit and function that the device needs to perform. For example, if Adam were to make these guys out of Tungsten Carbide and charge $2000/ea would that now make these $45 racks low quality junk? I don't think so.

Reducing the thickness of the sheet metal to pass the savings on to us will in no way shape or form degrade the quality of the device for its intended purpose; holding spray bottles and not a nuclear shelter for various critters in your garage. ;)

My wedding ring is tungsten carbide... Cool stuff... Won't scratch and it weighs a crap ton. :)

Haha, so is mine, TrewTungsten by Trent West! That's where I got the idea from :2thumbs:. I've heard rumors that this ring has saved a guys hand in a hydrolic press before. I'd believe it, as you said this thing weighs a ton and it doesn't scratch. The only thing that sucks is that you can't get it resized, you have to go to get a replacement. Mine came slightly too big and my wife wont let me get a new one because it won't be the same ring we got married with.

(me):bow::hi: (wife)

My wife could care less... Best way to break these since they really can't be cut off is to use a vice-grips or pump pliers. They shatter. Mines the widest they offered. 10mm I think.

My wife could care less which is cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm definitely interested in this, especially the vertical ones but, quick off topic question, were can we get those awsome Adam's stickers lol

I get one usually in about every other box I order of stuff. It's just random I guess if they actually have them or not. I just peel it and stick it where ever seems to be ideal that day. :lolsmack:

I do seem to get another instructional dvd with every box though......I need to remember to put in the special notes when I order refills or new stuff that I do not need the dvd.....I think I have about 20 of the newest edition laying around all over the place. :willy:

Archived