Customer Service 866.965.0400

Parking - Dealer Decals

Sooners

Question

I'm sure most of you park as far away from other cars if possible. However, that's not always feasible. I got to thinking about something that might help give you an idea of the person you're parking next to. Unless your car was brand new, just rolled off the truck, and you made sure the dealer didn't touch it, chances are there's a dealer decal or logo of some sort on the rear. I would assume that anyone that cares about the appearance of their car like we do either has the dealer remove it, or immediately removes it upon getting the vehicle home. Most people either don't notice or don't care, and they provide free advertising for the dealer.

Now, there are many factors involved here (car leaves before you, etc), but if you can park next to a vehicle that appears to be well taken care of, and it doesn't have a dealer decal, then the owner most likely took the time to ensure it was removed, and then in turn they are more likely to be respectful of your car. This should at least decrease your chances of bad things happening to your car. Just a thought.

I was just at my library and parked close to the door because I had my 15 month old with me. Next to me was a mini-van parked on a slight angle. As I was putting my daughter back in the car, the person in the mini-van came out and decided to hit her power sliding door open. The stupid soccer mom did not realize that I was there and her sliding door put a little scuff in my door. The scuff came out out. I guess I learned my lesson and will never park next to a car the can't park straight or next to a soccer mom that has no clue of what is going on around her.

I messed up a bit on removing dealer from my trunk and have a couple chips in the paint. :o

What I've seen alot around here and it's amusing and why would they do that thinking it causes me is where people leave the dealer frames on the car and break off at least one section of the frame so they can put the new sticker on the plate. I'd seen one that had nothing left of the frame except the dealer's plastic name at the top of the plate.:confused:

the next time you remove a badge use some fishing line to "saw" through the adhesive, that way you wont chip the paint :2thumbs:

I park way out and a little walking will help you not hurt you. People who sit and wait blocking traffic for a close spot are pathetic. In the time it takes for someone to load their purchases they could have taken an empty spot and walked inside the store.

I park way out and a little walking will help you not hurt you. People who sit and wait blocking traffic for a close spot are pathetic. In the time it takes for someone to load their purchases they could have taken an empty spot and walked inside the store.
:thumbsup:

Since they don't make spots big enough for a dually anyway and mine is also a crew cab, I always park at the end of the lot or off to one side. Typically, the places no one else wants to park.. If my wife is with me, I will always swing by the door first though, so she can get out there if she wants...

When I first met my wife, she thought I was crazy, until she realized my truck had no door dings, scratches, etc... Now she understands and often times tells me to just park it, she will walk with me...

Dealers stickers always come off the day of purchase, after all the money I just gave them there is no way Im advertising for free!

Make and model chrome thingy badges usually take time since it is some work and usually requires a detail job, but they all come off. I use fishing line and just recently got a 3M rubber eraser wheel that worked like a champ at removing adhesive. The only thing left on my Titan is the burger on the tailgate since it has holes, and the one on my grill - other than that she is smmmmoooooootttthhhhhh.

Parking is a no brainer - always park away and take a walk, also gives you the opportunity to look back over the shoulder and check out the ride a couple of times before going in! :glasses:

Storm chaser If you try that in Roanoke you'll have a truck parked at either end so you can't get out or a dirty note stated what an a#$ you are. I Had this happen at Smokey Bones.

It seems no matter how far out I park when I come back someone has parked next to me.

We went to eat one evening at a Mexican place and there was maybe 6 other cars in the lot. I parked in a back corner and stradled the line taking 2 spots. when i came out ate dinner the lot was full. There was a woman orbiting the parking lot looking for a spot and she was just cussing me up one side and down the other.

I messed up a bit on removing dealer from my trunk and have a couple chips in the paint. :o

What I've seen alot around here and it's amusing and why would they do that thinking it causes me is where people leave the dealer frames on the car and break off at least one section of the frame so they can put the new sticker on the plate. I'd seen one that had nothing left of the frame except the dealer's plastic name at the top of the plate.:confused:

HA!! Dealer decals... heck... I don't even leave the factory badging on my vehicles, let alone allow a dealer to stick anything extra on there.

The second I start getting checks from Chevy for advertising is the second I start leaving the badges on.

DSC_5400.jpg

_DSC0374.jpg

Hey Dylan have you posted any pics of that Avy on here yet? I have been thinking of getting rid of my truck and getting one.

I always take off the badges too...kept Hemi badge on truck but put a newer style badge so that it's still a little different!

When I bought my GTO I traded in a 7 year old Grand Prix that had 110,000 miles on it and looked better than any of the new cars in the lot. The salesman looked at it and said, "You don't want the Dealership decal on the trunk, do you?"

I try to park away from everybody, if at all possible: decal or not, well taken care of or not, with all my vehicles: always have.

Around here they just use the license plate frames. I take them off the day I get A new ride. The thing I think is funny is when A dealer puts one on A used car. The brand is different than the car its on. Its like saying I bought a car someone else did not want. They disliked it so much they traded it for another brand. Yeah thats why I bought it.

Archived