Customer Service 866.965.0400

Scratch removal

bcampbe7

Question

My oldest son (3.5) was trying to get his bike out of the garage a few weeks ago. He was careful, but the handlebars were just too wide for the area he was trying to squeeze through. The hand brake ended up putting a nice sized scratch on the rear passenger door.

Anyway... I finally had some time yesterday to get the PC and rotary out along with some Swirl & Haze remover, Fine Machine Polish and finally Super Machine wax.

This scratch was deep enough to be felt by even the shortest of fingernails. While I did not get it completely removed with my limited expertise, it did go away enough that you have to look real close and in just the right light to see. I even got the wife's approval!

Thanks Adam and company!

12 answers to this question

Thanks for the comments, all! In all honesty, this only took maybe 15 minutes once I got the car washed and got all the needed supplies out.

I should also mention that I used SHR on the orange pad, FMP on the white and SMP on the black. Don't have any of the yellow pads.

Looks good. So, I presume the kid's off living with his grandparents now? :D

LOL... I should have put a disclaimer saying that "no children were harmed in the filming of this event." :lolsmack:

No, this gave me an opportunity to use the tools/equipment I have purchased over the years. I wasn't mad in the least bit. Also helped to show the wife that I don't spend money on the good stuff for my health. They actually work!

nice job, if i saw that i would have thrown a sh!t fit. at least you know it is only clear coat deep and didn't require any repainting (:mad: at the rock chips and thin water-based paint on my camaro!!!)

NICE! You know what makes really quick work of those are the 4" focus pads!

Great job though!

I take that SMP is MSW... ;)

Yes, my bad...

Good job! Does the little fella know to ask for help next time?

Yeah, he knows to ask for help now.

VERY nice work...if that can be squared away, then most damage the res of us encounter is fixable too.

I remember being half in tears the day I dingled by Dad's '86 Corvette with my bike...needless to say, I was VERY careful after that!!

This is one of my biggest fears due to the bikes being in the smallish two-car garage I have.

You did a solid job though! Definitely beats letting the body shop make money off of ya.

Archived