Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detailing Hood Liner

Monaro Joe

Question

19 answers to this question

Thinking about removing mine from my 02 Vette and attempting a clean.

Bob, try some foaming tire dressing. It did a decent job on my wife's Accord hood liner and seems to be the only thing that stuff is really good for!

Guest Gone & Forgotten

eh... don't open the hood much for show, but when it's paid off, that's one little upgrade i'd look into. Been trying to contact an old friend who does airbrush/autobody artwork. Maybe do a little bartering.

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Thinking about removing mine from my 02 Vette and attempting a clean. Other than the entire underside of the car, it's the only thing I haven't cleaned. Thought about taping some 6 mil plastic over the engine (already spiffed thank you) but it's pretty dirty. 67k miles of neglect - only 8k of neglect by me :) .

Gotta clean it since I don't have the $$$$(infinity) for a custom insulator.

If I come up with any revelations while doing it (doubt it) I'll post em up.

I'm going to be ripping mine out soon and and going to set the wires so they don't move. I'm sick of it, it's disgusting. It messes with my intake and tore a part of one of the filters already.

Planning on buying 2 new filters just to put on for car shows so they look perfect. That liner causes too much damage.

I was able to brush a little dirt off, then hit those spots with some APC on a rag. After that I sprayed the tire foam all over it and it looks a lot better. Only problem is that it looks like it is coming apart in some places. Those parts almost look like tangled hair or something.

Try a foaming tire dressing (the only thing they are good for). I did this with our Accord and it looks much nicer.

:thumbsup:

I have heard of this working great. I just need to go and get some foaming spray now and give it a try.

1 method i read is to apply it, scrub with a carpet brush, wipe with an old towel and then reapply.

Owned a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix that I'd cleaned the hood liner with water several times. Sometime before I got rid of the car in the Spring of 2007 the Hood liner had begun to come apart, badly. I now simply spot clean with a spray bottle of diluted APC and blot dry.

Its a messy job,Hose down first then spray APC use brush to lightly scrub,then spray off.It holds water forever, do it when you have all day to leave your hood up to dry.If its not real dirty you could just spot clean it, not as messy.Good luck!!:thumbsup:
Ditto

Its a messy job,Hose down first then spray APC use brush to lightly scrub,then spray off.It holds water forever, do it when you have all day to leave your hood up to dry.If its not real dirty you could just spot clean it, not as messy.Good luck!!:thumbsup:

Archived