Customer Service 866.965.0400

Diesels....

clayc_989

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some odd reason i have always wanted a 95-98 tahoe two door with a 6.5 and 5 speed and have it all done up. I think it would be a big sleeper who would think of a tahoe.

I'm sure you could shoehorn a Duramax in there! Crazy light and tons of power. I've seen Powerstroke Bronco's and they are siiiick.

Here's a truck a friend of mine use to have

F250.jpg

He has since sold that after blowing both head gaskets, had aftermarket turbos, edge juice chip, it made 550 hp, 800lb ft.

He now has a 2005 Ram 2500 heavy duty with a 5.9 cummins, sky jacker lift, and bullydog chip, straight piped. but it needs a trans now, no 2nd gear

those diesels go through tranny's like crazy cus there making so much tourque once they mod them up , its ridiculous.

The Fords since 04 and the Duramax Allison hold up if you don't abuse them. Dodge trannys are trash.

Edited by Adam
everyone has favorites, but please don't bash! Thanks.

I'm also a fan of the diesel! In order:

1984 F-250 XLT, 6.9L, 2002 F-250 XLT 7.3L, 2003 Excursion Limited 7.3L, 2005 F-350 6.0 Harley Davidson, 2008 F-350 6.4 Lariat, and this week, we picked up a 1999 F-350 7.3L Box Truck.

Gave the '84 to a great employee years ago. Sold the F-250 last month with 167K miles, perfect! Sold the 6.0L HD truck, as it always had problems. The 6.4L and our 40' show trailer are now in Canada, doing the shows north of the border.

DD is the Excursion, with a Hypermax H2e turbo, DP-Tuner, intake, exhaust, trans module, and a few other little tweaks.

Can't wait to trick out the '99, and I'm convinced the 7.3L Powerstroke is the most bulletproof diesel ever sold into a pickup or SUV. :patriot:

Here is my 2002 F350 7.3L. It currently has 153k on it. I just rebuilt the trans due to trans line went on it. I have a DP tuner, S&B filter, 6.0L intercooler, and I have added 05-07 HD headlights. The trans was rebuilt with a 1500 stall converter from Dirty D0g Performance. This is the only picture I have. It was from a couple years ago after a detail.

2006_1225Image0026.jpg

Nice trucks people. I really liked that blue Ford that (might) make 550hp. Not to pick on the poster but that number sounds kinda iffy to me. :P

Glad to see so many Ford owners here, nice lookin trucks to all though.

Now to go finally detail mine......

• 3 weeks later...
Nice trucks people. I really liked that blue Ford that (might) make 550hp. Not to pick on the poster but that number sounds kinda iffy to me. :P

Glad to see so many Ford owners here, nice lookin trucks to all though.

Now to go finally detail mine......

I wasn't there when it was dynoe'd but it did blow the headgaskets shortly after, needed head studs I guess. It was a 6.0. lol

• 1 year later...

Hold old thread! Here's my old truck, early 99 7.3. Afe intake, exhaust, DP Tuner, 4" lift, Moto Metal 951s, MT ATZs. Sold it with 219K on the clock, it could have passed for 19K, it was in INCREDIBLE condition.

newtruck1.jpg

newtruck2.jpg

truck1.jpg

I really miss that truck, but I don't miss paying $5.10/gallon at the time I sold it.

I guess this is an old thread, but now that it's back, I might as well contribute. Diesel vehicles have been a part of my family for as long as I can remember, and in fact, buying my G8 was almost like straying from the flock. While I was growing up, my parents had a 1984 Suburban with the 6.2L diesel. In 1994 they upgraded to the 1991 model, which would later be passed down to me when I got my license. Here's a picture of my 1991 Suburban that I still have today as a winter beater.

100_4999.jpg

It came from the factory with a naturally aspirated 6.2L engine cranking out a whopping 130hp.

001Before-Aircleanerassembly.jpg

In 2004, just around when I was graduating high school, we had to do this:

019Emptyenginecompartment.jpg

A worn fuel injector nozzle had caused a spray pattern that burned a hole right through one of the pistons.

040Damagedpiston.jpg

While I had the engine out rebuilding it, I bought a Banks Sidewinder turbo kit that gave it a lot more power. Before dropping the engine back in, I mocked everything up on the stand just to see what it all looked like together.

113Enginemockedupfrontrightview.jpg

The engine still runs great to this day, but unfortunately rust has been consuming the rest of the truck. That's the problem with both New England winters and the Cape Cod sea breeze. Here's a pic of the engine taken last year. It had been under a tree, hence the all leaves and pine needles on the cowl.

PB170001.jpg

Like I said, at this point it's mainly a winter beater so it's all go and no show.

My mom drives a '99 Suburban with the 6.5L Turbo Diesel, which is the last year they made diesel Suburbans. Here it is while I was giving it a bath one day.

P5070006.jpg

My dad has a 2000 K3500, also with the 6.5L Turbo Diesel.

PB180004.jpg

PB180009.jpg

When my younger brother got his license, he got a '94 Suburban with the 6.5L (notice a trend with diesels and Suburbans in my family...) While in college out in Ohio he liked to play with it and get it dirty from time to time.

n508177693_2315098_5534313.jpg

Almost a year ago now he bought a 2001 Silverado with the 6.6L Duramax and then sold his Burb.

DMAX-G8136.jpg

DMAX-G8111.jpg

P3200021.jpg

I'm convinced the 7.3L Powerstroke is the most bulletproof diesel ever sold into a pickup or SUV. :patriot:

I agree, my girlfriend has a few of them in her corporate fleet and they can't kill them. They have a 99 F-250 7.3L with 750k miles and it is still going strong on the original motor (seems like it needs a transmission rebuild about every 250-300k miles though).

The 6.0's didn't last that long and the 6.4s seem to be a bit better than the 6.0, but not by much.