Customer Service 866.965.0400

MSW + Americana = Win (pics)

GerryC

So I finally had a full day to devote to the G8, unfortunately this day was Wednesday and it was 95 degrees out. I began at 9am and finished around 4pm.

First thing's first, somebody had to be evicted for the day. :( Talk about a rough start to their relationship...she even covered herself in shame.

Picture%20040.jpg

Taped everything off...

Picture%20021.jpg

Picture%20027.jpg

This is the only before pic I have of any swirls, and in comparison to other parts of the car, this was nothing.

Picture%20025.jpg

I did 1 pass of SHR/orange pad, and a second pass on specific areas that needed it. Revive by hand afterwards, then MSW.

After, today, in the sun (and a much more bearable 70 degrees)

Picture-076.jpg

There are a few parts where not all the swirls came out, but I don't have any more tylenol left so they'll have to stay.

I put on a coat of Americana today, on top of the existing base coat of MSW. The color is significantly brighter now than it was before, I couldn't be happier with the results :drool:

Picture-071.jpg

Picture-059.jpg

Car looks amazing! Random question, is the green tape any different than the blue painters tape? Is it just because I also own a G8, or is there really a lot of Pontiac owners on this forum?

Gerry the G8 looks great! John it does seem like there are a lot of us G8 owners and we all love the car. Gerry the one thing that will make the job easier is to debadge that back end. It is really nice not to have to deal with those decals. I love it when I see people pull along side me and then fall back and then pull back up. I know they are looking for something to tell them what car it is. The Pontiac emblem on the front is the only one I left on because it has 3 drilled holes. You have to love these Adams products and the results on our cars!

Car looks amazing! Random question, is the green tape any different than the blue painters tape? Is it just because I also own a G8, or is there really a lot of Pontiac owners on this forum?
I found the green tape to come off much easier. I believe it's the same tape that pinstripers use

:glasses: Nice job Gerry! How do you like your G8?:burnout:
I love it! I get stares from people in $60,000+ luxury cars like "what the hell is that thing?!" People at gas stations and at stoplights always ask about it. I drove past a silver one and we waved at each other. It's just like driving the vette around without having to drive the vette around

car looks GRRRR8. i also have a white G8 and under the florescents in the garage it looks great, but in the sun, i can see the swirls. Do you use halogens, if so how many watt?
I have halogens but I am unsure of the wattage. I believe they are twin 1000w lamps.

Gerry the G8 looks great! John it does seem like there are a lot of us G8 owners and we all love the car. Gerry the one thing that will make the job easier is to debadge that back end. It is really nice not to have to deal with those decals.
I have thought about taking off the 'PONTIAC' and leaving the G8, since I have the italian flag badge on the left side and I have a thing for symmetry. I've been able to clean around the letters though. I'm still 50/50 undecided since I kind of like the way they look:

Picture-049.jpg

Thank you everyone else for the kind remarks

I was bored today so I decided to de-badge the P O N T I A C letters from my trunk

sorry for the cell phone pics

Squirted some Goo-Gone behind the letters to soften up the adhesive, dragged some dental floss behind them and they came right off.

IMG00827.jpg

Needed something a little stronger to get rid of the adhesive remaining on the car. This stuff is magic in a can

IMG00828.jpg

And after claying, polishing, and waxing the area, it's like they were never even there

IMG00829.jpg

Archived