Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams ACE Powerstick (video)

Chewy

Question

Hey all, I decided to show anyone who cared to watch, a video of me using the Ace Powerstick with Adams Green Wheel Cleaner and a "G" brand brush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8CwRtuoF6M

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8CwRtuoF6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8CwRtuoF6M&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

While this tool looks like a must have for most of us, 2 concerns (besides the 'snapping' concern):

1. My C5 Corvette front calipers have very little room for anything, so I'd probably still have to do the 'roll back 8 inches' method to clean where my current 'detailer cone' brush won't fit.

Anyone with a C5 using this thing effectively?

2. Sling-age. How wet does the power stick get ya?

the detailer cone brush I use has a splash factor to it, wondering what the power stick is like in that respect.

How do you clean the power stick? Use APC?

Still on the fence, just looking to answer a couple minor details, but enough that keeps me from buying at this point.

I can answer all of them for you.

#1 - Yes, if you want to get the entire front rim you will have to roll it.

#2 - It will sling it around it little bit. I wouldn't wear good clothes when I use it in fear of staining my clothes. I used to used a rim brush and that thing splattered me every time. The only time you have to be careful of splattered is when the Powerstick is half way out of the rim. Then just slow the speed down. What I also do is set my torque setting my drill low (10 out of 25). If it would catch the caliper, it won't snap.

To clean it I use APC and water. Just let it air dry.

If you have any other question, just ask me. I had doubts too, but I'm happy I got one.

That's why I made it. I know Adam made one a couple years ago, but I think this is the one item that Adam sells that doesn't get enough press. It's a real time saver IMO.

Chris

the powerstick is one of the best accessories Adams sells. I'm not sure what I would do without it (actually I would be trying to jam my hands in there, or using a ineffective tool like the EZ-Brush**which will scratch black clearcoated wheels***).

Guest Gone & Forgotten

While this tool looks like a must have for most of us, 2 concerns (besides the 'snapping' concern):

1. My C5 Corvette front calipers have very little room for anything, so I'd probably still have to do the 'roll back 8 inches' method to clean where my current 'detailer cone' brush won't fit.

Anyone with a C5 using this thing effectively?

2. Sling-age. How wet does the power stick get ya?

the detailer cone brush I use has a splash factor to it, wondering what the power stick is like in that respect.

How do you clean the power stick? Use APC?

Still on the fence, just looking to answer a couple minor details, but enough that keeps me from buying at this point.

I can say what most people are saying about the power stick is true. Its a great tool and I don't know how I cleaned my rims without before. Simple great! If you haven't bought one well its time to pull the trigger on this purchase. I suggest the whole wheel kit. An awesome kit with a awesome price!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've used it many times on my brother's C5. It's a Z06, which are different wheels. I also use it on my Viper with 5 spoke wheels and the 14" rotors and Brembo calipers. This thing is perfect for tight areas.

I'll throw in a FREE bottle of Green Wheel Cleaner with each Turbo Stick.

Guest Gone & Forgotten
I've used it many times on my brother's C5. It's a Z06, which are different wheels. I also use it on my Viper with 5 spoke wheels and the 14" rotors and Brembo calipers. This thing is perfect for tight areas.

need a price with shipping and/or a link to the order page (didn't see them on your website)

Sounds like a good deal :2thumbs:

I love my powerstick!! my vette has the same wheel size, and brakes as the Z06.

The rear wheels are 12'' deep and the powerstick is a must. On the front it is tight between the caliper and the wheel. You just have to work it slow, and do the best you can. If it gets stuck, put your drill in reverse and pull it out. Never try to force it to spin if it's stuck. You can also get quite a bit done behind the caliper, by work from the sides. This will depend on your wheel style.

I use mine on low speed,and don't get sprayed.

And if I ever break mine.:mail: The new one will be in the mail.

Dave

I used my power stick for the first time briefly the other day on one wheel. I was very impressed, hopefully at some point this week I can find the time to really take care of each wheel. I noticed it did get in the clearance between the rim and the Brembo very nicely.

Yeah it does, it's perfect for these wheels. I love it. :rockon:

I used my power stick for the first time briefly the other day on one wheel. I was very impressed, hopefully at some point this week I can find the time to really take care of each wheel. I noticed it did get in the clearance between the rim and the Brembo very nicely.

I absolutely love my power stick, especially with the wheels on the G8 GXP. It is a phenomenal tool to add to your arsenol. With the big Brembo brake kit on the front of my car, there is a considerably tiight space between it and the rim, but I just slow down the speed of the drill and take it easy thru that area. Other than that one spot on the front wheels, I let it do its thing, and it never disappoints. This power stick is an absolute time saver. I don't plan on taking my wheels off to clean anymore besides maybe once a year after the winter just to hit the backs of the tires and very back side of the rims.

Great Video!!! :banana:

Archived