Customer Service 866.965.0400

super VRT is good stuff

IMADreamer

Question

Well I got home and my Adam's goodies were waiting so of course I had to give the car a quick wash and application of the new VRT.

My initial impression is it smells good, nice and sweet. I think my dog liked the smell too, note to self keep away from dogs. lol BTW this is also my first time using the new (to me) black sponges and I like those as well although they are kind big.

Back to the VRT, it goes on really nice and evenly, also very thin which I like. The color is excellent, I'm always skeptical when formulas change but it stays true to the original. I hit the trim, cowl, and tires, they look great.

Being the midwest I didn't have to wait long for rain, about 30 minutes after application it started in and all be darned it beads up and doesn't streak. I'll report back in a few days about how it's holding up, but so far I'm loving new VRT!

• Answers 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a question about the super vrt. i have applied to new vrt to my plastic trim and mirrors on my truck and it looks great until it rains. everything just washes away. i thought it would last a little longer than one rain storm. here is my process... i put some on the black sponge and wipe it on the plastic trim. i do all the trim and mirrors then i go back and buff it off with a microfiber towel. am i doing something wrong?

Same here. I use very little to do the trim pieces around the glass and my spoiler and find after it rains it still streaks a little down the paint. Are you supposed to go over it with a microfiber cloth or something?

i just noticed that my tires have all run marks, but its not the VRT, its the road water from the rain coming down from the lugs in the tires. good stuff holds up well in the rain when minimal amount applied(did about the same as shown in the video's with the tire applicator, not the foam block)

So what is the consensus as to mixing the SVRT with water to make it sprayable as we could the old VRT? Can this still be done or no due to the fact that the SVRT is water repellent and won't mix with the water properly in the first place in the sprayer?

I don't follow the concensus and no one told me NOT to mix the new SVRT with H2O, so I did. I used the sample bottle and mixed @ 50/50. I shook the bejeebers out of it and got cracking. Yesterday I washed, BSG, Americana and SVRTed the G8 GT. The pics below are where i used the spray. For the tires I used SVRT straight out of the bottle on a tire applicator and the rest of the trim was done with a section of foam block I cut up. We have rain in the forecast a few days this week so I will see how it holds up.

Here's the fuel tank cap:

Washbsgnwax9-12-10007Largee-mailview.jpg

Here's the windshield/hood area:

Washbsgnwax9-12-10031Largee-mailview.jpg

Here's a close up:

Washbsgnwax9-12-10028Largee-mailview.jpg

Here's the under hood, pardon the dust spots but it was very breezy:

Washbsgnwax9-12-10026Largee-mailview.jpg

Very cool picture! :thumbsup:

So what is the consensus as to mixing the SVRT with water to make it sprayable as we could the old VRT? Can this still be done or no due to the fact that the SVRT is water repellant and won't mix with the water properly in the first place in the sprayer?

You CAN mix it with water to make it sprayable, although you will have to shake it like crazy to keep it mixed. The crazy part about this product is that even though is water REPELLENT... its also water BASED (wrap your noodle around that enigma!) so it will mix with water.

I however think its a waste of product considering we have In & Out back and the only reason to do that with VRT previously is for spray dressing areas you couldn't fit an applicator.

Cutting with water also reduces durability and shine... it will be more matte looking and not hold up to water for as long.

My first post!

Literally got into detailing last week with the help of a friend at work. Super VRT and the All Purpose Cleaner kit is officially the first investment I made. I first cleaned the engine bay of my Toyota FJ with the APC and followed it up with the SVRT and it looks fantastic! I SVRT'd the air cleaner, engine cover, radiator shroud, battery top, on and on... The product appears to be greasy at first, but after its sits for 5 minutes there is no greasy feeling at all to the touch and it looks awesome. (I threw my Back-2-Black in the garbage and will NEVER EVER touch that stuff EVER again!) I almost wanted to hit the whole engine bay with water to watch it magically bead off, but it is too pretty now. I can't wait to see how it holds up after a 4-wheeling trip in the mud. It has been a week now and the engine heat seams to have zero effect on the SVRT's results. I also cut one of the big block sponges length wise to maximize my materials and make it easier to get into tighter spots.

I can't wait to pick up more Adam's products!

John

Thank you John!!:rockon:

i cant belive a few years ago i used to be into the slimy look dash/ greasy getto shine tires. ect.. so glad no more of that crap... adams all the way VRT is the best.... i cant say it enough

lol it's ok everyone goes through that phase.

My first post!

Literally got into detailing last week with the help of a friend at work. Super VRT and the All Purpose Cleaner kit is officially the first investment I made. I first cleaned the engine bay of my Toyota FJ with the APC and followed it up with the SVRT and it looks fantastic! I SVRT'd the air cleaner, engine cover, radiator shroud, battery top, on and on... The product appears to be greasy at first, but after its sits for 5 minutes there is no greasy feeling at all to the touch and it looks awesome. (I threw my Back-2-Black in the garbage and will NEVER EVER touch that stuff EVER again!) I almost wanted to hit the whole engine bay with water to watch it magically bead off, but it is too pretty now. I can't wait to see how it holds up after a 4-wheeling trip in the mud. It has been a week now and the engine heat seams to have zero effect on the SVRT's results. I also cut one of the big block sponges length wise to maximize my materials and make it easier to get into tighter spots.

I can't wait to pick up more Adam's products!

John

I haven't tried the new VRT on any exterior pieces yet, but I did use some under the hood on the plastic piece between the radiator and the grille and also on some rubber hoses (including the top radiator hose).. I had been using a "brand X" product on those areas before and found that after I drove the truck long enough for the temps to come up, that stuff was gone... (I think the heat evaporated it off..) Not so with the new VRT... It is still there and still looking good over a week later... I think if it can survive in that environment, it ought to survive just about anything...

i did my plastic mirrors on my truck 2 weeks ago and there still looking great.

I haven't tried the new VRT on any exterior pieces yet, but I did use some under the hood on the plastic piece between the radiator and the grille and also on some rubber hoses (including the top radiator hose).. I had been using a "brand X" product on those areas before and found that after I drove the truck long enough for the temps to come up, that stuff was gone... (I think the heat evaporated it off..) Not so with the new VRT... It is still there and still looking good over a week later... I think if it can survive in that environment, it ought to survive just about anything...

i have a question about the super vrt. i have applied to new vrt to my plastic trim and mirrors on my truck and it looks great until it rains. everything just washes away. i thought it would last a little longer than one rain storm. here is my process... i put some on the black sponge and wipe it on the plastic trim. i do all the trim and mirrors then i go back and buff it off with a microfiber towel. am i doing something wrong?

That's strange for sure because mine still looks good on my mirrors and cowl, it still beads up too. What were you using on the trim pieces before?

Are you buffing it all off? I had some issues with it coming off as well on my cars, but I think I applied it a bit to thick. You can see it all over the cars paint. lol I'll try less next time I guess. :)

I found out a little bit goes a long way. To do the stripes on the Charger, I used maybe the size of three pea drops. Let it sit for a few minutes, then buffed it with a blue MF towel. It did come right off the paint when I buffed it.

Are you buffing it all off? I had some issues with it coming off as well on my cars, but I think I applied it a bit to thick. You can see it all over the cars paint. lol I'll try less next time I guess. :)

OK I went out this AM and took this picture... We got a CARP TON of rain and wind.

Here's the resut! Gotta love it.:rockon:

Chris

Update from the 18th of June. That's 19 days of sitting in the sun and the rain all the time. Never touched other than to put garbage in it. :D

Archived