Customer Service 866.965.0400

G8 GT daily driver gets Americana

Captain Slow

My conversion from Meguiar's to Adam's is coming along nicely. I am on vacation this week and thought this is the perfect time to change the G8 GT over to Americana from Meg's Gold Class.

Products used:

Dawn

Meg's clay bar

ONR at clay bar ratio

Meg's APC+ @ 10:1

2 buckets with Grit Gards

2 Advil + H2O

Adam's WW towels

Garage sale price dots

Blue painter's tape

GG DA polisher

Orange + white pads

M105 on a nasty parking lot scratch

M205

Americana

Adam's bomb diggity super soft towel

Assorted Meg's & AG "premium" MF towels

VRT

Undercarriage spray

Adam's Glass Cleaner

Adam's Detail Spray

Sunday afternoon while the twins took their nap I washed the car with Dawn. I presoaked the bugs up front with APC+. Lots of beading still evident at rinse so I went over it a second time, this did the trick. Dried it with Adam's WW towels (hey I love 'em for this purpose, what can I say?!?) It was thundering as I finished so into the garage I went. Thunder also woke up the twins so I was done for the day.

Monday early AM I did a quick wipe down with Detail Spray, then onto clay bar. The only spots that really showed anything on the clay bar was directly behind the wheels and the license plates. In fact the plate paint transferred onto the clay bar. (In Illinois our Governor makes you buy the license plate and then goes to prison to make 'em for you!:D) Whilst doing the clay bar thing I came across a rather deep scratch on the left rear door. Almost looks like someone tried to "key" the paint but used something blunt instead of pointy. I placed a garage sale price dot on it for memory. I then taped off the antenna and both side mirrors and bases.

With the exception of the aforementioned scratch there were only random incidental light swirls or scratches. I hit the bad thing with M105 on an orange pad, followed by M205 on a white pad. The whole vehicle then got M205 on a white pad. I got Advil and H2O. (I will replace the M205 with SRH and FMP shortly. My neighbor hired me to do his Tundra, so that ought to exhaust the Meg's.) Out into the sun for a quick inspection and fresh air. I then did a quick IPA wipe down to make sure everything was as I wanted it, the sun doesn't lie so back into the garage.

This being my first experience with Americana I wanted to get it right the first time and not make extra work for myself. I applied Americana in long straight strokes with the wonderful applicator. I imagined my wax hand as a raindrop and traversed my vehicle front to back. I did one large panel at a time, then the doors 2 at a time. I love that big fluffy towel, it makes this stuff so easy to work with.

Out into the driveway and I liked what I saw. I did the tires and trim with VRT, glass with AGC, wheel wells with Under Carriage spray and put it back into the garage. HMMMM? Second coat time? I spent the rest of the day with mom and the girls, MF towels into the wash and then dryer.

This morning I wiped the vehicle down with Detail Spray and did a second coat of Americana. Out into the sun and D$%^!!!!! :willy:That's what I was looking for! :drool:

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2056

I touched up the gray spots on the tires after taking pics. The gray spots are where the tires touch the garage floor. I don't like getting product on the floor so I just roll it forward. Keeps peace in the family if you know what i mean..

Hood

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2057

Roof

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2059

Trunk

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2061

Old Glory in the hood reflection with Americana and Adam's great MF towel

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2055

I have never been able to get this level or type of reflection before today:

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2058

This is my hood. The only photo correction I did was to rotate the picture twice and then save it to e-mail size, no photo-chopping.

So, in closing, do I think Americana is worth the money? Unequivocally, yes.

The gloss and reflections are stellar, it smells nice, is easy to work with and after two coats I can't tell I've used any from the tub. I give it a solid 10 out of 10 or two thumbs up, WAY up. :2thumbs:

Sorry Barry.

NICE! Great write-up... You're now one of us... Just need to get all that Megs used up...

lol

Chris

I sweated off about 5 lbs. this AM doing the wife's TBSS, some vacation! More Meg's wash and NXT wax gone.

Nice job!

Thank you fellow G8er

Paul she looks great!!:2thumbs: I love that color!!:cheers:

Thank you' date=' like the PBM it really comes alive when it's clean.

I will never tire of seeing clean G8's!

That's good because Dylan is slowly picking off G8 owners off of the G8 boards.

Dear lord that look soooooo good!

Thank you Sensei!

Beeeeautiful! :drool:

Thank you.

Wow! Great work!

Thank you, how's your little one.

that is beautiful. That flag shot is epic.

Thank you. The flag shot was one of those "you don't know what you got until later" shots. It's kind of like taking scenic pics and getting home to see Bigfoot or a flying saucer. :D

Am I the only one that can't see pics on the first post? :mad:

Interesting you mention this. At the office today I went to show off just what I did on my vacation and the pics did not show up even though in the lower left hand corner the browser (FireFox) showed done ?!?! You can however click below and look at pics 2,4,5,6 & 7.

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/album.php?albumid=332

The flag shot looks like it was taken head on.

Great reflection. Your car looks beautiful. :thumbsup:

Nice job. Isn't Americana easy to use. :rockon:

Thank you' date=' and yes, it is EASY to use.

That looks great. I used Americana for the first time and could not agree more, worth every penny.

Thank you and AMEN.

9 am Monday; I just showed my wife your pictures and thus why I want to order some Adams someday, and she said "it looks like a mirror." :)

I showed the flag picture to a co-worker and her reply was "No way, that is not your hood! WOW!" I'm slowly converting another Meg's user....

awesome pics. i'm speechless:glasses::2thumbs: excellent job :pc:

Thank you.

Great job. Looks like we have a pro in our forum family :thumbsup:

Thank you and I am definitely not a pro. This is my hobby and my Zen, though the neighbor did hire me to do his Tundra and his wife's BLACK :eek: Highlander.

By profession I am the Client Service Manager for one of the largest independent optical laboratories in the nation.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, That SRM G8 looks absolutely gorgeous--it's my 2nd favorite color, after Stryker Blue Metallic... I think I'm going to be one of the Adam's convertees (?) from Meguiars here shortly. I can always use the Meg's up on the wife's ScoobyDoo. Thanks for sharing your pics.:cheers:

Paul, That SRM G8 looks absolutely gorgeous--it's my 2nd favorite color, after Stryker Blue Metallic... I think I'm going to be one of the Adam's convertees (?) from Meguiars here shortly. I can always use the Meg's up on the wife's ScoobyDoo. Thanks for sharing your pics.:cheers:

Well thank you and :welcomebanner:. I'm doing the same thing with my Meg's stuff: Family and friends, though the wife is now demanding I use the same products on her TBSS as I use on my G8GT.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived