Customer Service 866.965.0400

Big Day Today!

JPEGXP

After work today around 5pm I go down the road and take delivery of my 2011 C6 Convertible! I'm counting down the hours as we speak. I ordered this car back in April, and I now believe it's one of the 1st 2011's built. My VIN ends in all 0's and 1's.

Probably won't have any pics up until Friday. I told them to give the car a quick wash, but don't touch it with a wheel. I'm off Friday so I will get up early and detail it, then I have to go to a wedding. I've already ordered the Corsa exhaust and a few color matched pieces for it!

It's funny, I'm excited and yet still very nervous. Picking up new cars always rattles my nerves. I'm picking up my father at the train station, then going to my house to drop off one car. Then to Bayside Queens to my sisters house to show her, then off to NYC first to show my dad's GF's kids, then across town to the restaurant to show my other sister and my fathers partner. From there my GF will meet me at the restaurant and we will go back to Long Island to finish watching the 1st season of Rome!

I'm really excited to be able to have this car, but IMO it's not as much of a head turner as the G8. People stare heavily at the Pontiac when I'm driving it. I'm psyched because I will be driving the vette on more of a regular basis. Day to day I drive my 96 Integra.

I don't think I will make Carlisle, tough to get time off work. I would of really liked to have made it to the National Pontiac Meet in IL.

So it was a blast driving the car today/tonight. Car definitely has some balls and it's so easy to notice the weight difference between this and my Pontiac.

So the car's body is in great shape, it has only been washed. I am thinking on Friday I will wash it and clay it down then apply a coat of wax? Does that sound about right to everyone?

Archived