Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waffle Towel help!

StormChaser

Question

Ok, so I feel like an idiot and here's why.

I have the Adam's Waffle towel that I absolutely LOVE! I also have other MF towels that I had before I became an Adams Fanatic. Anyway I have had those towels for a good long while and they have been washed, used, washed, used so many times.

My towels have been used for ONLY drying...never anything else. These "other" towels are pastel colors. Anyway I needed to wash the waffle towel and so I threw in the other mf towels too. They were not dirty so they had no chemicals but I had used detergent on them instead of the woolite and I just didn't want to waste any woolite, etc. Double washing the old towels is silly...but I did it.

However my Waffle towel is now a light green!!!!!!!! Obviously this is a lesson learned on colors vs whites. And NO bashing me on my washing abilities!! :lol: My thought was these towels are really old and would be like regular towels in that they don't bleed onto others after being washed so many times. Obviously I was wrong!

So here's my question: Will the slight color effect the integrity of the towel? I mean I am washing it again, all alone to see if that helps. I am not using bleach (as that is one's first choice to makes whites "whiter")...I didn't let it dry before throwing it back in the washer and I hope this will help. :willy:

I don't mind it being a light green in color so long as it doesn't mess up with the integrity of the towel. If so, I'll be placing another order very soon! HAHA

Happy Sunday

Brandi

Now let the bashing commence! :jester:

23 answers to this question

LOL thanks everyone!!! If anything I would have preferred light blue...so it would match my SS....but light green is good too! LOL

Yes, Sandra Dee...do not wash any colors regardless of how old with the white towels.

be like the old days when ya washed your boyfriend's underwear with a red shirt....pink Fruit of the Looms everywhere!:willy:

TOAST!! Don't use them on the paint. Scratches will ensue.... :willy:

GAH!

really???? Maybe I just don't want to admit that I gooned it. but really, they are ruined???

I mean we're we're talking about lint? right? There are no visible fuzzies anymore so you're saying the left over lint, I can't see, is enough to scratch the paint....

Lint.... dust.... wouldn't it be the same???? I can wash off the dirt, grime, and chemicals.... You're saying the list is on there for good?

Obviously you are the experts... So, I'm gonna believe you, no doubt. I just hate the idea of throwing away $50.00 cus I wasn't thinking...

maw dang...

That would really sux...

just used my waffle drying towel for the first time over the weekend and it worked great!

i got it dirty a little from the rockers probably... spot cleaned it with some APC, threw it in the wash with my white super plush towels only and now it looks brand new again!

do you have separate glass towels? i do wash them with the MF-not sure if it hurts anything but that is all that is in the load. Hot water seems to do a better job with MF than cooler water-cuz of the wax or waxy like products, i guess.

I just picked some stuff off my MF towels yesterday-they do pick up everything-but worth it to have them clean to start with.:thumbsup:

Whew!

Ok I will, The The towels actually had very little fuzzies, and i was able to pick em clean...

It was the wash pad that got it the worst... I need to probably comb it to get the fuzzies out.

Thanks!!!

OK... along those lines.....

I umn.... know this guy... and well, he just got some of his adams stuff... 2 MF polishing towels and a Drying towel and his wash pad....

Well in m.. err.... his hurry to clean all his towels, he threw them in with some old garage towels that are not MF... the old towels are falling apart and fraying and they left fuzzies on the good MF and wash pad....

Ah heck.... are my MF towels and wash pad ruined... yikes.gif

rewash them by themselves! no fabric softener and you can hang dry them or dry them low heat. I hand pick any "debris" off before they touch my car-like a thread. ha No worries.

also-good idea if you separate your MF towels into color groups-one color for wax, one color that touches wheels, etc. You need a lot of towels to do this and good idea to wash them separately. Really OCD-ing here.

OK... along those lines.....

I umn.... know this guy... and well, he just got some of his adams stuff... 2 MF polishing towels and a Drying towel and his wash pad....

Well in m.. err.... his hurry to clean all his towels, he threw them in with some old garage towels that are not MF... the old towels are falling apart and fraying and they left fuzzies on the good MF and wash pad....

Ah heck.... are my MF towels and wash pad ruined... yikes.gif

Brandi, you are just just like the rest of us bit we just didn't ask the question but we have done the exact same thing. No bashing here just a complete understanding of what you speak.

Nobody saw me do it....can't prove anything.:D

.....but as I build up my collection, I can get rid of the crappy things I owned before Adams came along! :)

Thanks guys!

Don't get rid of them; reuse them. I use my old MF towels for wheel arches, under the hood, wheels, trunk margin, bottom of the doors, etc. I don't want my precious babies (as the wife calls them) to get soiled that much when I've got these perfectly good old MF towels just sitting there.

My wife also uses the old MF towels in place of Swiffer wipes when doing the Pergo floors. She swears by them and the results are excellent.

LOL thanks everyone!!! If anything I would have preferred light blue...so it would match my SS....but light green is good too! LOL

Yes, Sandra Dee...do not wash any colors regardless of how old with the white towels.

Ok that's good to know because that towel rocks!!!!!

Yea I definitely know not to use any other chemicals....but as I build up my collection, I can get rid of the crappy things I owned before Adams came along! :)

Thanks guys!

i just ordered one too-thanks for the heads up on laundry detail...no pun intended!:lol:

Brandi, you are just just like the rest of us bit we just didn't ask the question but we have done the exact same thing. No bashing here just a complete understanding of what you speak.

Ok, so I feel like an idiot and here's why.

I have the Adam's Waffle towel that I absolutely LOVE! I also have other MF towels that I had before I became an Adams Fanatic. Anyway I have had those towels for a good long while and they have been washed, used, washed, used so many times.

My towels have been used for ONLY drying...never anything else. These "other" towels are pastel colors. Anyway I needed to wash the waffle towel and so I threw in the other mf towels too. They were not dirty so they had no chemicals but I had used detergent on them instead of the woolite and I just didn't want to waste any woolite, etc. Double washing the old towels is silly...but I did it.

However my Waffle towel is now a light green!!!!!!!! Obviously this is a lesson learned on colors vs whites. And NO bashing me on my washing abilities!! :lol: My thought was these towels are really old and would be like regular towels in that they don't bleed onto others after being washed so many times. Obviously I was wrong!

So here's my question: Will the slight color effect the integrity of the towel? I mean I am washing it again, all alone to see if that helps. I am not using bleach (as that is one's first choice to makes whites "whiter")...I didn't let it dry before throwing it back in the washer and I hope this will help. :willy:

I don't mind it being a light green in color so long as it doesn't mess up with the integrity of the towel. If so, I'll be placing another order very soon! HAHA

Happy Sunday

Brandi

Now let the bashing commence! :jester:

All my white drying towels are light blue! Work like new!

Adam says you can use some bleach to get them white but keep in mind that bleach DOES degrade fabric over time.

I use mine blue.

Chris

Ok that's good to know because that towel rocks!!!!!

Yea I definitely know not to use any other chemicals....but as I build up my collection, I can get rid of the crappy things I owned before Adams came along! :)

Thanks guys!

The color won't affect the towels performance. One of my great whites is now baby blue... After I washed it with new true blue's back in the day :lolsmack:

Don't bleach them or use fabric softener, both chemicals will affect thetowels performance

Archived