Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana saves the day!

Captain Slow

Let me preface this thread by saying that I am using up my previously purchased inventory of Mom's & Meg's products, but that Adam's Americana saved the day.

While Dylan and his friend were busy doing that ginormous truck in two days, http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7785 I took a leisurely pace of a couple of hours every night to do an exterior only detail on my neighbors truck. I did a Dawn in two bucket w/grit gard wash & wheels, tires, arches cleaning Sunday night. Next night was clay bar using Mom's & Meg's. (Again, I'm making room in my kit for Adam's products.) Wednesday night I taped, polished and waxed the back half of the truck with Meg's stuff. Thursday night was the front end's turn for tape, polish and wax. At this point I discussed with my wife that I didn't feel I could in good conscience charge my neighbor because I just wasn't happy with the results so far, something was just not there and I couldn't say what.... Yes, the paint was clean, yes it was shiny, but, but aaarrrgggh. For the second time this week she chided me for not using the "good stuff" on my neighbor's truck. Point taken dear. Friday night it rained, so the trim, grill, door handles and mirror backs got Meg's stuff (Hyper Dressing.) Glass cleaned with you know who's stuff. Then I broke out the Americana and did a test panel over the Meg's NXT stuff. Panel to panel showed a visible difference. To my eyes it looked darker, richer, deeper. That certain je ne sais quoi that was missing was now found.

Let me just say: Americana makes everything better! :drool::rockon::D (Thank you lovely wife :thumbsup: and thank you Adam for a great product!) I then coated the rest of the truck in Americana. Saturday afternoon I redid the hood to perfection (dang bird bomb scars!) Hood then got NXT followed by Americana about an hour later. Tires and arches with more of the rapidly depleting Meg's inventory and then out into the now cloudy day for pics.

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2149

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2150

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2144

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2146

picture.php?albumid=332&pictureid=2145

Hopefully I'll convince him to let me do the future maintenance washes. I'd like to redo it it with MSW then Americana and use VRT. I'm going to get an empty 2 oz bottle and fill it with Detail Spray to go with an MF towel for bird bombs.

BTW: Je ne sais quoi = An intangible quality that makes something distinctive or attractive.(thank you wiktionary.org)

im impressed not so much by the detail but the fact u used Je ne sais quoi in a sentence and spelled it seemingly correct lol oh yeah the truck looks great too

I.m impressed that you know WTH it means:confused:

Well the neighbors are back from vacation. I was in the house with the two year old twins and their ice cream sugar buzz. My wife was outside and said Mrs. Next Door Neighbor said "Wow! He can do my Black Highlander in September when we're gone on our next vacation." Mr. Next Door Neighbor just grinned really really big and gave me a :thumbsup:. Thank you Adam.

Looks great! Gotta take some before pics next time!! :thumbsup:

I know, but I'm getting old and forgetful. At least I still remember to put on my pants! :willy: Thank you.

I'm impressed not so much by the detail but the fact u used Je ne sais quoi in a sentence and spelled it seemingly correct lol oh yeah the truck looks great too

Merci. It was the only way to convey the level of frustration I had Thursday night. Besides je t'aime, crepes, bateau, moustache, croissant, chapeau, comment allez vous and parlez vous francais, that pretty much is my french vocabulary from eighth grade. I had German for seven years and was fluent twenty some years ago, but there is no German equivalent.

Oh yea, excellent job, and btw MSW followed by Americana is awesome.

Thank you & I'll find out myself after my next order. :banana: I may have enough NXT 2.0 for one or two more waxes; Mom's and my Aunt. So far the next order is the Judges Kit, MSW and maybe the 4" Focus Pad Buffing Kit. Maybe the MF bundle too....

Looks great! When I used Adams all my Megs got tossed. I knew I'd never use it again.

Chris

Thank you. I'm too dang cheap to do that and I have a little Woodsy Owl deep inside my conservative nature. Plus I grew up listening to stories of the Depression from my parents and grandparents so I have a real hard time wasting anything. Even in this terrible economy we have it good, very good. :patriot:

Lesson learned. :D

Nice job!! The truck looks great.:2thumbs:

Thank you.

Nice job!:thumbsup: I think just about all of us were former M users!:banana:

Thank you. There do seem to be a lot of former barry m. car crazy buyers here!

BTW:

I ordered the Judges Kit today at lunch time. If my math is right the free In and Out Spray plus the kit are about $105.00 of product for $78.00 with shipping and discount to my doorstep. :mail: SCHWING!:banana:

Thank you. I'm too dang cheap to do that and I have a little Woodsy Owl deep inside my conservative nature. Plus I grew up listening to stories of the Depression from my parents and grandparents so I have a real hard time wasting anything. Even in this terrible economy we have it good, very good. :patriot:

Thank you.

Thank you. There do seem to be a lot of former barry m. car crazy buyers here!

BTW:

I ordered the Judges Kit today at lunch time. If my math is right the free In and Out Spray plus the kit are about $105.00 of product for $78.00 with shipping and discount to my doorstep. :mail: SCHWING!:banana:

I,m Still car crazy, just not crazy enough to ever use anything but Adams.

Nice... next time a lifted 3500HD shows up on my doorstep I'm giving them directions to your house :D

Mapquest says that's a heck of a drive for an exterior only detail:

Rancho Cucamonga, CA to Plainfield, IL

Total Travel Estimate: 28 hours 49 minutes / 1955.38 miles

If I see that ginormous truck in my driveway I think I'll go hide in the basement.... :snap:

Mapquest says that's a heck of a drive for an exterior only detail:

Rancho Cucamonga, CA to Plainfield, IL

Total Travel Estimate: 28 hours 49 minutes / 1955.38 miles

:snap:

Drive out here! Not too bad, only 2,807 miles! Google maps says only 1 day 21 hours... :lolsmack:

You know the worst thing with doing this in my opion is most people will just go and ruin our hard work as they don't understand or care about car finish care like some of us here.

All we can do is try and educate people why we use the two bucket wash, why we use Adams over others and why not all micro fiber clothes are greated equal. All this is a full time in itself.:lolsmack:

Archived